Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sew Easy!

Well, I can scratch one thing off the baby bucket list! My mom came over early on Sunday before the Super Bowl bash to teach me how to sew! I'm so excited that not only did I learn to turn it on and get started, but I actually sewed a table runner! It wasn't nearly as daunting as I thought it would be. I feel very confident that I would be able to do it all over again even without my mom there. I still have a lot to learn though so we will be having another lesson hopefully soon.

Look my sewing machine is out of the box and has seen light for the first time in 2 years!

 
Cutting the right length and width for my table runner

Look, I'm sewing! (testing on some scraps first)

I did it! One side is ladybugs and daisies for summer

The other side is bunnies for Easter!

I am really happy I finally got my sewing machine out of the box and actually made something on my first try. My mom's years of sewing experience really helped walking me through everything. I would not have been able to just take it out of the box and start going without her help. Thanks Mom! I can't wait to see what my next project is going to be! Stay tuned!

1 comment: