Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

A Lovey Dovey Weekend Recap

We had such an amazing weekend! It was so nice to get away for a few days. I'm sad the weekend is over but I'm happy I took today off as well just to extend the weekend a little bit. I wish I could start my work week on Tuesday every week! So on to the recap, it's long and picture filled!

On Friday morning we got up early and finished packing everything up and headed down to my parents to drop off Porkchop for the weekend. After dropping off the dog we were on the road and headed North to Lake Geneva. We made it up there really quickly and pulled into town around lunch time. We went to one of our favorite lunch spots Popeye's on Lake Geneva and scored a lake side table view for lunch. We had a great lunch watching all the locals drive their cars on the lake heading out to their ice fishing huts.
 
All the little black spots on the lake are ice fishing huts

The weekend before we were up there, Lake Geneva had a Winterfest celebration. Part of that celebration was the national snow sculpting competition. Obviously its cold enough to keep them standing so we were able to walk through all the sculptures. It was really cool, I took a ton of pictures!

 
Michael in front of Popeye's with a snow sculpture of Popeye character Wimpy and a stack of hamburgers; it was only fitting!

All the snow sculptures in the park

Michael with a snow brontosaurus

 
Me with sea turtles and a coral reef

Pigs on a Harley

 
Me with a cupcake

 
Eskimo family, check out the walrus underneath!

 
Robot

After we walked around the snow sculptures we headed to main street to stop in a few shops. We headed to one of my favorite stores, the Cornerstone Shoppe, but didn't find anything this time. It was time to check-in so we headed to the resort and to get our room. 

 
Our room, they have all just been re-done

 
Love the TV in the bathroom mirror!

A wintry view of the golf course from our balcony

We relaxed for a little bit and took a little nap before we headed to dinner. Before dinner we decided to exchange our Valentine's Day gifts. 

Present time!

I love a little blue box!

 
A ladybug charm necklace! (Michael calls me ladybug, bug, buggy)

Modeling my new necklace!

 
Michael's turn next!


I made Michael a "52 reasons why I love you" book from a deck of cards

One of the "52 reasons"

After exchanging gifts, we headed to dinner at the hotel. Here is a picture of us before heading out.
 

After dinner we relaxed and watched some of the opening ceremonies for the Olympics before calling it a night. 

On Saturday we got up and went to breakfast at Egg Harbor. After breakfast we hit up all the shops on main street that we missed on Friday. I found some cute Easter decorations, we got Porkchop some treats and I found a couple new pairs of shoes. I was really excited about the shoes because pretty much all of my shoes are way too big after losing almost 60 pounds. It's really weird to think my feet are shrinking too! Nine West was having a buy one, get one for 50% off sale so I picked out 2 new pairs. After torturing Michael with all the shopping he could take, we picked up some sandwiches and headed back to the resort. We put our swimsuits on and headed to the pool. We took a nice swim and spent quite a bit of time in the hot tub; it was really relaxing. We took a nice little nap after our dip before we had to get ready for dinner. 

Ready for our Valentine's dinner

We had dinner at the Geneva Chophouse. It is in the Grand Geneva resort and it's one of our favorite restaurants. We had a delicious and elegant meal. They pulled out all the stops for Valentine's Day giving all the ladies flowers and a special menu for the night. We started with chopped salads and bread. Michael had a filet and king crab legs. I had one of their specials which was a center cut ribeye with porcini mushroom crust and porcini mushroom butter. For dessert they had a special chocolate bar where you got to choose what you wanted. We chose chocolate covered strawberries, truffles and a chocolate pop. Everything was so delicious, we left with very full bellies. After dinner we headed to the hotel bar and watched some of the Olympics. We got to see Apollo Anton Ono win his silver medal in a crazy race! We had a great night.

On Sunday morning we headed to Egg Harbor for breakfast again and then went back to the hotel to relax before we had to pack up and get ready to leave. We got home in the early afternoon and just relaxed for a while. My parents came down to drop off Porkchop for us after watching him all weekend so we wanted to take them out to dinner to thank them. We went to Bonefish, which was delicious as usual! After dinner, my parents headed home and Michael and I crashed. We had such an amazing weekend. It was great to get away and we really love going to Lake Geneva no matter what time of year. I'm excited because I get to go back again in May for my sister Arla's bachelorette party that I'm hosting at the Grand Geneva Resort!

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day! I'm sad the weekend is over, but I'm happy I have a short work week. Hopefully next weekend will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment