Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

A Super Weekend Recap!

We had such a great weekend even though the game didn't go our way last night. This is going to be a long recap, but here we go. On Friday I worked from home which is always a treat. I was able to get up and workout before plugging in and working in sweatpants is always a perk. I finished up early and then headed to the grocery store to load up on everything we needed for the party. I did not want to have to shop with everyone and their mother on Saturday so I was glad I got it done. Michael came and met me to help get everything loaded in my car and then followed me home to help unload it; he's such a great hubby! Friday night I was able to get my cake bite mixture made and rolled all the bites and put them in the freezer for dipping on Saturday.

On Saturday I got up and worked out and then I had an appointment to get my hair cut and colored at Rockstar salon. After getting my hair done I headed to Joann to pick up some fabric since my mom taught me to sew yesterday! Once I was done running errands I headed home and got busy in the kitchen!
 

On Saturday night we had a date night and went to dinner at P.F. Changs. Michael had never been there before so I thought it was time we went. It was super yummy! We came home from dinner and just relaxed and watched a movie.  

Sunday I started the day working out and then we headed out to grab some breakfast. We came back and started prepping all the food for the party. Everything came together very well and rather easily. My parents came over around noon and helped us finish getting everything ready. The main reason they came early though was so my mom could give me my first sewing lesson! I'll have a post later in the week to talk about my first sewing experience. Everyone started coming over around 4 to get ready for kickoff. We laid out all the grub and everyone dug in! I'm really bad at taking pictures during an event when I'm hosting so I only have a couple of pics from the night.

The house feeling football festive and valentine love!

 
This little guy had his first outing to our house and was the hit of the party!

 
Paul - crazy about dogs, Dad - very into the game


The famous cake bites 

The party was really fun and I think everyone had a great time. Our first Super Bowl party was a success! The only bad thing about it all is that we had to come back to work today. I could have used another day off! At least we have a short work week since we are going to Lake Geneva on Friday so today is already my Tuesday! I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a speedy week so we can do this weekend thing all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment