Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I don't have anything to wear!

It's no secret that I love clothes. I love shopping for the latest trends and adding new pieces to my wardrobe. I don't spend a lot of money per item on my clothes. Most of my clothes are from Old Navy or TJ Maxx or Marshalls. I spend the most on my nice trousers for work. I typically shop at least once a month (not so much right now since I'm losing weight) for some new items which is probably why the closet was as full as it was!

We have a pretty large walk in closet and I was talking up all but about 15% of it. I do actually let Michael put some clothes in there! The problem is that I was wearing only about 30-40% of what I had and now that I've lost weight, I can probably only wear 15% of what I have in there. It was time for a massive clean out.   
Here is the before - clothes everywhere!

After about 6 hours of trying on hundreds of items, I finally sorted through everything. Michael was in there with me the whole time to help me decide what I should keep or toss. He helped keep me honest because I probably would not have tossed as much as I did if he wasn't there. There were items I literally haven't worn in 5 years. I got rid of so much stuff and the best part was that most of it was way too big! It felt good.

 
The giant pile of clothes in the "donate" pile

8 bags of clothes ready to be donated!

Ta da! The after shot! 

We have so many extra hangers now, probably a good 200 of them. I went from taking 2 whole sides of the closet to only 3/4 of one side. This is both seasons of clothes too! I feel like I don't have anything to wear the closet is so barren. I am definitely going to reward myself once I hit my 75 pound mark with some new clothes for spring and summer; I've earned it. Plus, the closet looks so sad only being half full! At least one thing can be marked off the spring cleaning list, so I'm already ahead of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment