Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

New photo project!

I love taking pictures, being a scrapbooker I've always taken a lot of them. But ever since Michael bought me my professional camera (a Nikon D80) for a wedding present, I've really tried to become a better photographer. I'm looking into a bunch of different classes to take this summer but in the meantime I've read some books and tips online. The best way to learn though is to just play with the camera and shoot, shoot, shoot.

I try to shoot on the weekends, all the holidays and special events but I think to get even more practice shooting everyday at different times and in different lighting would give me even better experience. I saw a really cool idea on one of the blogs I just found, Tales of the Trees, called Project 365. You are supposed to take a picture everyday for a year. I'm a little late to the party since it's almost March, but I still think it would be fun to do. I think it would be interesting to see our life in pictures week by week. I'm sure some weeks would be pretty uneventful and others more action packed, which is how life is. It's another way to capture and catalog our life. We'll see if I'll be able to keep up with it, but I am definitely going to try. I start shooting this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment