Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Whole lotta shaking going on!


This morning around 4 am I was woken up out of a dead sleep because our bed and everything else was shaking! (Michael didn't feel a thing!) A 3.8 earthquake hit the far west Chicago area in the DeKalb and Sycamore area. People as far as Wisconsin said they felt it as well. We had an earthquake last year as well but the epicenter was in southern Illinois and it was over 7.0 magnitude. I'm glad that this one wasn't as big as that because we would have probably had some damage since it was a lot closer. I've never felt an earthquake my whole life and then we have 2 in the past year, crazy! Well I guess we're now prepared for our vacation in California in July, since I know what to expect now. Let's hope this whole earthquake thing doesn't become a regular occurrence in Illinois, we shouldn't have to deal with snow and earthquakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment