Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

California Dreaming...

Well after months of deliberation about what we were going to do for vacations this year we have finally figured out. We were all over the board. We were originally supposed to do a 2 week road trip in California going from San Diego to San Francisco. But then we officially decided we wanted to start our family this year so we decided we weren't prepared to spend $5-8K since we should be saving for our future bambino. Then we were thinking about going on a cruise since they are super cheap right now. But we couldn't decide on a cruise line or an itinerary and we just weren't sure. The only thing we were sure about was that we were going to Lake Geneva for a 3-day Valentine's Day weekend!

So imagine my surprise when this weekend we decided to go to California! My parents had decided that they wanted to go to California this year with their Disney Vacation Club points and asked us if we'd like to join them for 7 days! After a week with them we are going to take an additional 3-5 days to ourselves most likely in San Francisco. I am so excited! We are going to be able to fly for free, stay for free for a week and just have to pay for food, activities, a rental car and then our stay in San Francisco. We are so lucky, I can't wait. We are going in late July!

We are staying here. It's brand new, it just opened this month!
It's called the The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.

This is the room where Michael and I will be staying

And the best part is that it's right across the street from this!
Disneyland!

You literally just walk across the street to the themeparks Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure! That is so different from Disney World where you take the bus or monorail to all the theme parks. Since these parks aren't very big compared to Disney World we are only going to spend 2 or 3 days there. We are also going to take some day trips to San Diego and other areas.

We can't wait to go here!

And here!

So let the planning begin! We need to figure out all the other places we want to go and things we want to see and Michael and I need to start planning our San Francisco leg of the trip! The other thing that is different about going to Disneyland versus Disney World is we usually get the Disney Dining Plan and have all our meals planned in advance. This time we can wait and see where we want to eat and figure it out then. I definitely need to do some research on some fab restaurants in the Anaheim and San Diego areas, especially sushi and seafood!

I can't wait to go to California. It will be both mine and Michael's first time there. My parents have been there before but my mom was 18 and my dad was 10 so I'm sure some things have changed. It's always nice to have something to look forward to months in advance; it keeps you showing up for work! I'll be sure to post more updates and plans as we get closer to the trip.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your super cute blog! :)

    I live in the SF area and my husband's family lives in San Diego (and we went to school there), and I can't even count how many times I've done the SF-SD road trip. But I kind of love doing it--there are great things to see along the way, and I'm hopelessly in love with both SF and SD. Let me know if you need travel tips! :) Have a great trip--that sounds so fun.

    ReplyDelete