Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Family Favorite Recipe: Mermaid Salad


This is a salad my mom used to make all the time and for some reason we haven't had it in a really long time. Since we were heading to Arla and Teddy's on Sunday for a pool party, I was looking for a good salad to bring. Michael remembered me talking about this salad and suggested I make it. I've never made it before but it comes together really easily and is delicious. It tastes just like my moms, which is always good! Try it, you'll be glad you did.

Mermaid Salad
1 - 16oz box of shell pasta
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 - 16oz package of crab meat
3 stalks celery
3 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. celery salt
1 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. Mrs. Dash table blend
salt and pepper to taste

Ingredients
Celery not pictured, I forgot when I was setting up, oops!

Cook pasta shells until tender. While the pasta is cooking, dice crab and celery and prepare sauce.

Dice crab meat and celery

Prepare sauce. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, celery salt, and Mrs. Dash.

Add cooked and cooled noodles to a mixing bowl and add crab, celery and prepared sauce. Add small amounts of the sauce and mix to combine. Add sauce until the noodles, crab and celery are coated.

Let salad chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Looks good. I'm adding this one to my next bbq.
    I made the parmesan chicken you had posted and it turned out great. Ry liked that it was baked and not fried. Thanks for the inspirations!!! Michael's taco dip looks great!!!!
    Love the pics of the ingredients, you're too organized for me. What's your secret?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! I'm glad you guys liked it!! My secret to being this organized is that we don't have a baby yet! I'm sure my organization and posting level will go way down once we add a little one in the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best mermaid salad I've ever eaten, my family and I had mermaid salad once in a restaurant, we thought it was good, now almost a year later, wanting mermaid salad without having to go to the restaurant, and found your recipe, your recipe tastes so much better than the restaurants and the restaurant was good salad, want to thank you for posting the recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. It's been a family favorite for a long time!

      Delete