Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summertime Movie Reviews

One of our favorite things to do on the weekend is go to the movies. We have seen several movies since Memorial Day weekend. I thought it would be fun to put together a post with those movies we've seen and our ratings so we have a record of them.

Ironman 2
We loved the first Ironman and thought this one was almost just as good. I think I liked the actual storyline of the first one better, but there were some great action scenes in the sequel. I'm sure we will buy the DVD which obviously determines whether we liked it or not.

Michael's rating: 3.26 out of 4 stars (don't ask about Michael's ridiculous ratings!)
Sara's rating: 3 out of 4 stars

A-Team
I never watched A-Team as a kid; it is a few years ahead of my time. So, I didn't go in to this movie knowing the characters from the show. I didn't really expect much, but ended up really enjoying this movie. It was a fun summer blockbuster with a lot of laughs and a lot of action.

Michael's rating: 3.5353 out of 4 stars  
Sara's rating: 3.5 out of 4 stars

Toy Story 3
I have been looking forward to the last Toy Story for a while. Even when we were in Disney World last fall, there was buzz about the last movie coming out. I have to say that Disney did not disappoint and ended the series on a heart warming note. I laughed, I cried, it was a really great story! 

Michael's rating: 4 out of 4 stars
Sara's rating: 4 out of 4 stars

Eclipse
I love the Twilight books and have read them several times each. I was a little bit disappointed when the first Twilight movie came out because they changed so much for the screen adaptation. However, the second one did do a better job. I was looking forward to Eclipse for a long time and I can say it is the best one yet! They really kept the integrity of the story from the books and the special effects have really come a long way since the first one. I can't wait for the 2 part finale of Breaking Dawn!

Michael's rating: 2.226 out of 4 stars (boys just doesn't get it) 
Sara's rating: 4 out of 4 stars

Despicable Me

We saw Despicable Me totally on a whim this weekend because we were looking for something to do. I had seen previews and thought it looked funny, but it wasn't on my "must see" list. I am really glad we went. This is a really fun, smart, heart warming movie. We laughed a lot and of course I cried a little too. It's a really cute story and we both enjoyed it and would highly recommend you see it too!

Michael's rating: 3.402 out of 4 stars  
Sara's rating: 4 out of 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment