Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

California Animal Encounters

We are just 10 days away from our big California trip! I am going to start packing this weekend so I don't have to wait till the last minute to get things together. We are so excited! All of our park tickets are booked for Sea World, Disneyland, the Monterrey Bay Aquarium and the San Diego Zoo. We also booked some extra experiences at Sea World and the San Diego Zoo. We will be taking part in some "animal encounters."
At the San Diego Zoo we are doing a tour called Backstage Pass. I am so excited for this one. It's a 90 minute tour with a lot of animal interaction. You get to feed the rhinos and scratch them with a broom, which they supposedly love. You also get to meet a cheetah, pet and feed a kangaroo, pet a hedgehog, various birds, a wolf and more. I did a tour like similar to this at Disney's Animal Kingdom in Orlando with my family several years ago. We really loved it so I'm sure with this being one of the best zoos in the world, its going to be awesome! I can't wait for all of the photo opportunities as well!

At Sea World, we are going to do a tour called the Dolphin Encounter. This is as close as you can get to the dolphins without actually getting in the water with them. It is a 60 minute tour guided by a dolphin trainer and you get to touch and feed the dolphins. The trainer will also teach us some of the hand signals to make the dolphins do tricks. I think this is going to be a lot of fun!

Now I just need next week to not drag on, so we can get to California!

No comments:

Post a Comment