Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Weekend Recap

I can't believe the 4th of July is over! The summer and this year in general is just flying by way too fast! We had a really nice relaxing weekend with family and friends. I did not take a lot of pictures this weekend for some reason and of the pictures I did take they are almost all of food! We did quite a bit of fun holiday cooking this weekend. I have lots of pictures and a couple of recipes to share this week too.

My weekend started on Friday and it was such a beautiful day. I woke up and grabbed my rollerblades and went for a workout at a nature preserve near our house. I did 5.5 miles on my rollerblades and it was a great way to start the day.

Beautiful view from the path

After a great workout, I got showered and ready and met Michael for lunch. He had to work on Friday but it was nice to be able to have lunch together. After lunch I headed to my salon to get my hair cut. I cut off about 7 inches. I am loving it and so glad I did it!

New cropped cut!

On Saturday we got up and headed out early. We grabbed some breakfast and headed to the movies to see Eclipse! 


I had been waiting all week to see it and it did not disappoint. It is by far my favorite so far. Michael wasn't really impressed but at least he went to see it with me. After the movie we had lunch at one of Michael's favorite places, Buffalo Wild Wings, since he went with me to the movie and then did some shopping. Saturday night we went to dinner at Shaw's Crab House. I have to say, I am normally such a fan of Lettuce Entertain you restaurants, but Shaw's didn't really impress me. We had a really good waiter but the kitchen was painfully slow. It took over 45 minutes to get our appetizer! We had to wait another 40 minutes to get our dinners as well. The food was good for the most part. I had a really good walleye fillet with asparagus and morel mushrooms. Michael had filet and crab legs. His crab was excellent, but the filet not so much. All in all, I think we'll stick with Wildfire, Ruth's Chris and Bonefish for our steak and seafood cravings.

On Sunday we got up and went to breakfast and then came home to make some dishes for Arla and Teddy's pool party that we were going to for the 4th. Michael made a taco dip with his own recipe.

Michael's taco dip - there wasn't any left!

I made a seafood salad my mom makes called Mermaid salad. We haven't had it in so long and it was so good!

I also made some festive red, white and blue strawberries!
 
After we finished making our dishes, we packed everything up in the car and headed to Arla and Teddy's. They had a huge lunch spread out for everyone waiting when we got there and everything was so good. We got to catch up during lunch and hear all about Arla and Teddy's Hawaiian honeymoon. They told us about all of the amazing things they saw, did and ate during their trip. They had a great time and really got a well deserved break. They also picked up their wedding photo proofs on Saturday so we got to look through all of the pictures. They came out amazing! It is going to be so hard to pick our favorite pictures. After lunch we all hit the pool! The weather was amazing and it was the perfect day to swim. The water was 86 degrees and it was wonderful. We had so much fun hanging out with our family and Teddy's family.

Michael and I taking a dip

Today we got up and had breakfast and did some things around the house. I also made some cupcakes to bring to Michael's parents house.

Patriotic cupcakes!

We headed over to Michael's parents house to have lunch with the fam. We talked for a while and then had a yummy bbq lunch. I also got a lot of quality baby Jacob time! I got so much baby Jacob time I didn't have the chance to take one picture, sadness. He looked so cute in one of the outfits I bought him too! He was such a good boy, he just wants to be held and he is perfectly content. We had fun just hanging out. We came home and the rest of the day was spent relaxing. I am sad the weekend is over but it was really nice. We ended up with beautiful weather every day and we just hung out with family and friends all weekend, and nothing beats that! Luckily I only have to work Tuesday - Thursday this week so I have another long weekend coming up. Plus we'll be in California 2 weeks from tomorrow; so much to look forward to! I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment