Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Weekend Recap

We had such a great weekend! The weather was beautiful; 2 weeks in a row without rain, it's amazing! I was off on Friday which is always a good thing. I got up and had some breakfast and headed out to the garage to work on the mirror for our master bedroom. Michael had it all painted white for me and I just needed to add the touches of yellow and black to the circles. It turned out exactly as we planned and it looks great!

The finished mirror drying in the garage.

I left the mirror to dry in the garage and headed to the nature preserve to get my workout in. I had a nice 3.5 mile walk in the sunshine. It was a good start to the day.

Beautiful view of the pond from the walking path

After my walk I met Michael along with Rich, Tif, Baby Jacob and Ken for lunch. We had a nice lunch just talking and then Michael had to go back to work. I said good-bye and headed out to do some shopping. I needed to get a new pair of gym shoes before California so I headed to Kohl's since I had a coupon and of course everything is always on sale. Gotta love Kohl's! I got a new pair of cute kicks and I also found a few home decor items for our entryway table.

New Nikes

New tray on the second shelf, 2 new birdies and new candle with holder

Close-up of birdies and new candle and candle holder

After shopping I came home and checked on the mirror and it was fully dry so I brought it in the house, cleaned it up and got it hung on the wall above our bed. I'm really happy with how it came out. I can't wait to see it with our new curtains and custom chair coming in a few weeks!

Our re-purposed mirror

Friday night we just stayed in, ordered some Chinese food, and relaxed watching a Harry Potter marathon.

On Saturday, we woke up and went to our favorite breakfast spot. At breakfast we decided we wanted to go see a movie so we headed to the AMC and saw Despicable Me. It was so good! We really enjoyed it. 


After the movie we came home and made some lunch and relaxed. I spent a lot of the afternoon getting my blog posts ready for the week and for while we are on vacation. I don't want our blog to go silent for 2 weeks. I thought if I could get some posts ready ahead of time I'd be more likely to do it. For dinner we headed out to one of our favorite local sushi spots and it was delicious as usual. After dinner we stopped at Dairy Queen for a little dessert treat and then headed to Rich and Tif's to hang out. We sat and talked and of course spent time with our favorite nephew Jacob! He is 4 weeks old today, time is flying already! He is such a good baby and super cute. Afterward, we headed home and crashed for the night. 

This morning we got up and had breakfast and I got some vacation packing done. It's amazing how quick those suitcases fill up! It doesn't help that we're going for almost 2 weeks. Luckily we're flying first class so if I need to add another suitcase we don't have to pay for it at least. 

I think I need a bigger bag!

After some packing we headed out to Schaumburg to do some shopping. I wanted to go to IKEA to pick up a few more frames for our travel wall collage I want to work on. I finally have the right configuration down. Now I just need to pick and print the pictures and get the frames hung. This will definitely be an after vacation project. Especially since we'll have lots of new places to add to the wall! 

The winning configuration!

After IKEA, we headed to Nordstrom Rack where I found a few cute new shirts. Then we headed to Carson's Furniture Gallery and bought a new couch for our living room! They have an amazing sale going on right now and we got the sectional for less than half of its original price. It was too good to pass up on. We didn't pick in-stock fabric so we have to wait 6 weeks for the custom order but it should be here the first week of September! We are so excited!

Our new couch! Not a great picture, but you get the idea.

Fabric sample of the color we chose. The color is called Chestnut.

After picking out the couch, we had worked up an appetite so we headed to Wildfire for lunch. We had a gift certificate to use so it was a free lunch, bonus! After lunch we headed home. We are going to just relax the rest of the evening and have a yummy Sunday dinner of bacon wrapped pork tenderloin medallions

I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a quick work week ahead. I know I'm not looking forward to having to work a whole 5 days this week, it's been awhile! I can't complain too much though since we'll be on vacation the week after. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment