Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Weekend Recap

 Another weekend gone, and for once I'm not sad to see Monday to come. If anything I want Monday to fly by so that Tuesday is here and we are off on our California adventure! We had a nice, quiet weekend. It is crazy hot out so we didn't do much outdoors. It was perfect for getting everything ready for our trip. On Friday, I worked from home and finished up my last project before my vacation. I met Michael for lunch and we went and I bought a bigger suitcase since my old one was not cutting it for this trip.

Too small suitcase

Much better!

On Friday night we just ordered a pizza and stayed in to relax.

On Saturday, we got up and made some breakfast. I took out all of our electronics and cameras that needed to be charged up for our trip and started packing my carry-on bag with magazines, my Kindle, etc. Michael had to meet a customer for work at 11 so we got in the car and headed towards Franklin Park. Michael very conveniently scheduled to meet his customer at Gene and Jude's around lunch time so he could have a couple of dogs. I haven't been to Gene and Jude's in almost 3 years so it had been a while for me. I love their dogs, but I can't eat the fries anymore since I have lost weight and eat healthier.

The hot dog legend: Gene & Jude's

After having some lunch and meeting Michael's customer, we headed home before heading to Rich and Tif's to baby sit our nephew Jacob! We were very excited to get to baby sit him for the first time. He was so good and we loved every minute of it. It's amazing how much he has changed in just 5 weeks time. He was starting to get a little fussy at the end but as soon as Mom and Dad came home and he was back in his Mommy's arms, he was a happy little boy. I made sure I brought my camera so I could take some updated pictures. 

Auntie Sara


Sleeping with Uncle Michael

He is all legs!

Sleeping peacefully

After baby sitting we came home, made some dinner and just relaxed.

Today we got up and went to our favorite breakfast spot and went to the store to pick up just a few things for lunch and dinner today and tomorrow. We wanted to go miniature golfing, but it is just way too hot. We are going to grill some hamburgers for dinner and just enjoy the air conditioning! I have to say I'm definitely looking forward to California's more temperate weather. With temps in the high 70's and low 80's except for when we're in San Francisco, it sounds perfect! I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week ahead. I have some pre-planned blog posts while we're gone plus I'm going to do a "California trip picture of the day" while we are gone. So don't think that because we're gone, the blog will go quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment