Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Addicted to Apps!

We've had our iPhones for about a month now and we are totally addicted. I don't know why we stayed with Blackberry so long! One of things we love is obviously all of the apps there are available for it. I love having all of these great programs and games at my fingertips on one device. Here is our list of our favorite apps for the iPhone.

 Angry Birds
This is such a fun game and super addicting! It's the number 1 ranked game on iTunes. They are constantly coming out with new levels which makes it a great buy at $.99!

Lose it!
This is a great app that I use to keep track of my daily calorie intake. You can enter what you've eaten, any exercise you've done and it keeps track of all of it. You can track your nutritional intake, set goals, etc.

 Doodle Jump
 This is another game we both really like. It is extremely addicting and can be really frustrating! You move the phone to get your guy to jump around so I usually look pretty silly playing this on the train to/from work!

FOX Sports
 
 When we had our Blackberry phones we add apps for each individual sports league. With this app we have every sport all in one. When you first open the app you select what league you want and it takes you right to the scores page which is exactly what we were looking for. Can't wait for football season for this one!

IMDB
We love IMDB and use it a lot when deciding what movie we are going to see based on the ratings so it's nice to have it no matter where you are. Also anytime we want to know who was in what movie or need to settle any trivia disagreement, it can difuse it in an instant! You can also find movie showtimes for your local theatre!

Up with a Fish
This is a fun game I saw on one of my blogs. It's kind of like Dr. Seuss tetris but you are stacking things and want your pile to keep getting higher. The more levels you pass the faster the items come down. It's a great way to pass the time and I play it a lot on the train.

Shazam
When I first got my iPhone this was one of the first apps I downloaded because I have heard about it for years. It is an app that you can put up to a speaker while a song is playing and it will tell you the name of the song and the artist. It will even work if you are at a restaurant or store and something is playing over the intercom. It's genius!

Shake it Photo
 This is one of my newest apps and it is so cool. You open the app and it starts up the iPhone camera. You take a picture and it turns it into a polaroid shot. It even comes across the screen like it was coming out of the polaroid camera and sounds like it too. Also, if you shake your iPhone it helps "develop" the photo quicker and will make your picture appear quicker. It's really cool. Here's one I took of Porkchop last night.

Super cool, right?!! It even has the coloring of a Polaroid.

Paper Toss
 This is a game that Rich and Tif got us hooked on. It's a really simple premise of shooting a balled up piece of paper in a trash can but there's a fan blowing at different speeds which effects how it flies through the air. It's really addicting and before you know it, you've been playing for an hour!

Epicurious
I love Epicurious' website so when I found out they had a free app, I immediately downloaded it. I use this app all the time to find new recipes or use the recipe finder based on ingredients I know I have at home. It can also generate a grocery list based on the recipe you select!

Shoplist Free
This is a great shopping list app I use when we are out and talk about things we need which most of the time you end up forgetting! It has really well organized categories. I should use this a lot more than I do!

Where
This is an app that Rich told us about and it rocks! Based on your current GPS location it pulls up news, movie times, businesses, gas prices, restaurants, weather, traffic and more! It's awesome to use when we're out and about and we're not exactly sure where something is or where to eat or looking for a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment