Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weekend Recap

I don't know about you, but these weekends lately seem to be going by entirely too fast. Another Monday is ready to greet us tomorrow and I am already wishing for Friday! This weekend was pretty low key for the most part.

On Friday we went out for a quick bite to eat and then just relaxed and rented a movie. We rented this.
HOLY CRAP! This movie will blow your mind and make you want to buy organic meat! It is unbelievable how the meat and grain industry has changed in just the past 15 years and what the government and the large companies are doing. I will not look at Tyson, Perdue, Smithfield or any piece of beef the same way ever again. I could write pages about it, but it would be a lot easier for you to just see the movie. I highly recommend it.

On Saturday, I worked out and then we were planning on running some errands and going up to Lake Forest to one of our favorite restaurants, Sushi Kushi, for a date night but we bought a car instead! My old Pontiac Vibe has been put out to pasture. It served me well for 6 years. After 4 hours at the dealership, we ended up just grabbing some dinner on our way home. It was worth it though because I got to drive home this beauty.


Today I worked out and then we went for breakfast and headed to Whole Foods to do our grocery shopping. Since we were heading down to Wheaton we thought we would go a little further and stop by my mom and dad's to show them our new wheels! We hung out for a little while and played with puppy Watson. Tonight we are going to just relax and root Brett Favre on to another Super Bowl!!

We also got some really exciting news from Rich and Tif who found out the gender of their baby this weekend. And.....
We are so excited for them and excited to have our first nephew on the way! He will make his big debut this June and we can't wait!

So I guess for a weekend that was supposed to be pretty low key, it ended up being pretty exciting! I can't wait to see what next weekend brings. Let's hope this week goes by fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment