Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Baby Bucket List

A bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you die (kick the bucket). Hopefully its going to be a very long time before I have to even think about what will be on that list! However, it's no secret that we're hoping to add a baby chick to our love nest. We are hoping to start trying to start our family within the next 6 months. Everyone knows that once you have a baby, everything changes and baby becomes priority one. We are completely ready for that, but while we still have the times of just the two of us, we might as well accomplish some things we've been wanting to do.

I thought it would be fun to put together a baby bucket list of all the things we'd like to accomplish or do before we have the pitter patter of little feet running through the house!

1. I want to learn to sew. I got a sewing machine 2 Christmas's ago and it's still sitting in the box! My mom said she would teach me this winter. I want to be able to make my kids Halloween costumes so I should probably know how to thread a bobbin first.
2. Renovate/decorate our master bathroom. Everything in our bathroom is still builder's stock and we want to make it ours. We need to paint, put a new counter top on and fixtures in, new lighting, etc.
3. Go on some more fab vacations! Travel is definitely one of our favorite things we love to do. Right now we're looking at a weekend away in Lake Geneva, possibly a cruise and who knows what else.
4. Take a cooking class. Michael and I love to cook together at home all the time, but would love to learn some new culinary skills. We have an awesome gift certificate to the Viking Cooking School from last Christmas and we still haven't used it! We have to use it this summer!
5. Continue our weekly date nights. We are really good at this one and we will need to continue our date nights once a baby is in our lives. Luckily our parents are close by so that will help having babysitters available!
6. Take a camera class for our Nikon DSLR. I am light years ahead where I was 2 years ago in understanding our camera but I would love to take a formal class to learn more. I think it would be great to be able to do my own photo shoots with our kids and have them look professional.
7. Enjoy our lazy weekend mornings  now because they will come to a screeching halt once a little one arrives!

That's the list as of right now, there might be changes or additions as the months pass and there's also no guarantee that all of these things will get done. I just think it's something fun to think about. Me being crazily obsessive, a total planner and list maker might have a little something do with it as well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment