Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend, I'm sad it's over! We finally had some warmer temperatures and we took full advantage of it. On Friday I got out of work early which was a nice treat! Michael and I stopped at the store to pick up some things for dinner and headed home. We got Porkchop and went on a walk, the first of the year! Porkchop was so excited.

Harnessed up and ready to go!

Can't you walk any faster Dada?

For dinner we fired up the grill for the first time this year! Michael went to our favorite local butcher and picked up some amazing filet mignons for dinner. I had some asparagus on the side and Michael had a baked potato. It was super yummy! After dinner we just relaxed and watched a movie and called it a night.

The grillmaster!

On Saturday I got up and worked out and then we ran some errands. I also mailed out Arla's bachelorette party invitations which was exciting! It's gonna be here before you know it. Michael and I took Porkchop for a nice long walk in the afternoon. I wanted to get another workout in before we went to Michael's parents house for Pierogi Fest Saturday night!

 
Getting an extra pierogi workout in!

Pierogi Fest was so much fun and so yummy! It's not something we make often so when we do it tastes even better! We all participate in the making of the pierogi in shifts. Grandma cuts the dough sections and then we all roll, stuff and pinch.  It's a lot of work so its a good thing we had a lot of hands to help. If you don't work then you don't eat! The payoff is well worth it. 

 
Michael, Ken and Judy rolling, stuffing and pinching; Grandma cutting dough and supervising!

   
Ken can't wait for the pierogi to be cooked!

Today I got up and worked out and then we did our Sunday routine of breakfast and grocery shopping. I also got some laundry done. We are making a yummy Sunday dinner of baby back ribs with a baked potato for Michael and asparagus for me. Tonight we are going to just curl up, relax and try not to think about the weekend being over. I hope everyone had a great weekend and an easy week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment