Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Magazine mania!

I subscribe to a lot of magazines. When I say a lot I'm talking 15+ subscriptions. I'm on the train everyday for 2 hours so that is mostly how I justify it. I read a lot of books too, but I love my glossy magazines! When I was purchasing my Kindle I was debating between the book size and the larger version that was made for newspapers and magazines. I just could not see myself without my glossy mags so I went with the smaller book size.

Magazine subscriptions are incredibly reasonable right now. Most of my subscriptions are about $1 an issue compared to $3-$5 on the newstand. See how much money I'm saving?!!! Here's my A-Z rundown of the magazines I subscribe to and the reasons I read and love each one.

1. All you
This is a great magazine that covers everything from cooking, decorating, fashion, etc and doing it cost effectively. They also have a ton of coupons within the magazine. Can't go wrong with that!

2. Bon Appetit
This is a classic cooking magazine that has been around for a long time. You can learn great cooking techniques from the classics to the newest gadgets. 

 3. Everyday Food
This magazine comes out of the Martha Stewart empire and is all recipes. The thing I like most about this magazine is that the recipes are all seasonal and simple.

4. Family Circle
A classic magazine that includes cooking, cleaning, new products, and great holiday/seasonal ideas.

5. Food & Family
This magazine is put out by Kraft so it uses only their products but I have gotten some really great recipes from here. 

6. Food & Wine
Another classic foodie magazine. We don't drink wine so I skim over those parts but there are amazing restaurant quality recipes every month. 

7. Food Network Magazine
This is honestly one of my favorite magazines that I look forward to coming every month. It is also in my opinion one of the best laid out magazines. They cover new gadgets, profile Food Network chefs and of course there are a ton of recipes! I read this from cover to cover every month!

8. Glamour
A great woman's magazine that mostly covers fashion and beauty but is very much about empowering women as well. 

9. Good Housekeeping
 Great magazine for new product reviews, home decor, cooking, and lifestyle articles.

10. Lucky
My go-to magazine on the latest fashion trends and where to find them. Plus they profile the city you live in along with special discounts. 

11. Marie Claire
This is probably the magazine I have been a subscribed to the longest. I have been reading Marie Claire since I was in junior high. It's a great magazine for fashion and beauty product reviews.

12. Martha Stewart Living
I bow down to the craft queen. Martha Stewart Living hands down has the best holiday issues with the best ideas. I have gotten so many ideas for Halloween and Christmas and I save every issue. 

13. Rachel Ray Magazine
This and Food Network are probably my favorite magazines I receive every month. I read it from cover to cover and love how the magazine is organized. I always find several recipes I want to make every month. 

14. Real Simple
Real Simple is a great magazine for magazine for managing and organizing every aspect of your home. It is chock full of so many great ideas every month. I always find myself clipping out great articles or tips that I can use. 

15. Redbook
 I got Redbook for free for filling out some surveys. It's not my favorite, it's not the worst. It's your typical woman's magazine but not as well done as Glamour or Marie Claire.

16. US Weekly
Gotta have at least one gossip rag in the mix. It's a guilty pleasure and I love it!

17. Women's Day
Similar to Family Circle, Woman's Day includes cooking, cleaning, new products, and great holiday/seasonal ideas.

18. Women's Health
This is a new magazine in my collection. I am getting a lot out of the tips on both nutrition and exercise. I think this could easily become one of my favorite magazines. 


No comments:

Post a Comment