Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weekend Recap

We have had a great weekend; it went by way too fast! On Friday I worked from home and was able to have lunch with Michael. We tried a new restaurant called Impecca that opened a couple of months ago in downtown Roselle that I have been wanting to try. It was really good, I had a delicious chicken sandwich and Michael had a burger of course! Friday night we went out for a sushi date night and then we just went home and relaxed.

On Saturday we got up and out early. We headed to our favorite breakfast spot and then to Wheaton's French Market. It opens at 8 and it gets crowded fast so we wanted to get there close to opening. We made out really well at the market. We got strawberries, cucumbers, green onions, grape tomatoes, tomatoes on the vine, asparagus, green leaf lettuce, pretzel rolls and homemade pasta. We only spent about $25 which was such a deal for organic produce! I definitely see this becoming a weekly routine. We really loved the selection of produce and it will just keep getting better as we get further into the season.

Our French market finds!

After the market we headed to the Downer's Grove downtown area and went to the Olive Tap. We loaded up on our favorite olive oils: a garlic and basil blend and a buttery extra virgin olive oil; we also picked up some red wine vinegar to make dressings with this summer. After our olive oil stop we headed to the grocery store to pick up a few things for the week and headed home. We made and ate lunch and then I headed out for some me time! I got my hair cut and colored and got a mani/pedi. It was a nice treat. Saturday night we stayed in and cooked dinner together and just a relaxed the rest of night watching the terrible Blackhawks game.

Today I got up and got ready to go to my sister Arla's first bridal shower. The shower was held at Ruffled Feathers Golf Club in Lemont. It is also where Arla and Teddy are having their wedding and reception. The shower turned out beautiful. All of my mom's planning and hard work came together perfectly. Everyone loved the tea party theme. I took hundreds of pictures but here's just a small selection from the day.

The tables with the flower teacup favors and tea pot centerpieces

Arla's bridal table Alice in Wonderland tea pot centerpiece

The guests of honor, Arla and Teddy

The cake, it was delicious too!

Me, Arla and my Mom

Aunt Linda, Mom, Arla, and Aunt Diane

Arla and her friend Lauren

Cousins Chris, Beth and Lisa, Aunts Linda and Barb, Arla, Mom and Me

Cousins Andrea, Julie, Stacy, Me, Arla, Sara and Deborah


Present opening time!

My mom and I bought them their All-Clad pot set

A beautiful hand painted box set from Aunt Diane

Every housewife needs Corningware!

A vase for Teddy to fill with flowers for Arla!

There were gifts for hours. Arla and Teddy were pros and will get to do it all over again next weekend! The shower was a lot of fun and its always great to see family and friends that you don't see as often as you would like. After the shower I headed home and we're just going to relax the rest of the evening. Michael is making us baby back ribs and some fresh veggies for Sunday dinner. I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a good week ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment