Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Weekend Recap

Whew, what a weekend; my head is still spinning! It was an action packed weekend in the Dworianyn Love Nest. On Friday, I got off of work early since I started so early. We decided to stay in on Friday night and we watched the Blackhawks play an amazing game!

On Saturday we got up and got ready and headed to breakfast before heading down by my family. On our way we stopped at the Wheaton French Market again and loaded up on some fresh goodies for the week.

The Wheaton French Market

After the market we headed to my parent's house to pick up my Mom and head to Arla and Teddy's for their second bridal shower. Teddy's mom, Gillian, was hosting this shower. It was really nice. She had Portillo's catered in and had chicken marsala, beef sandwiches, mostacciolli, augratin potatoes, broccoli casserole and of course Portillo's famous chocolate cake. 

Gillian, Arla and Teddy getting all the food set-up 

Tables all set up and ready to go

Visiting before lunch

Present time!

Teddy was very excited about the China accent plates!

They received lots of their crystal glasses

Michael and I bought them their Pyrex set

By the end, Teddy was very decorated with every ribbon and bow!

The shower was a beautiful success!

After the bridal shower, my mom and I headed back to her house to pick up Michael and head to a family birthday party. It was my cousin Tom and his wife Stacy's son Tommy's 3rd birthday. We were a little late to the festivities because of the shower, but we still got to see everyone. Somehow I hardly took any pictures but I did get a good one of Michael practicing to be an uncle and hopefully a dad someday soon!

Michael getting some baby practice holding baby Carter

We spent a few hours at the birthday party before heading to drop my mom off at home and then heading home. We pretty much crashed when we got home. It was a busy day!

Today we got up and had breakfast and then we met my Mom, Arla and Teddy at Platt Hill Nursery to do some flower shopping and celebrate Mother's Day! It's been a Mother's Day tradition for as long as I can remember that she goes flower shopping and plants her flowers on Mother's Day. We also got flowers for our house and veggies and herbs for our garden. I'll be posting pictures once we get everything planted.

Mom shopping for flowers

After we finished flower shopping at Platt, we went back to our house for a little while and then we went out for lunch. After lunch we all headed home. Michael took a nap and I worked on some prep work for my sister's bachelorette party next weekend. In the evening we headed out to dinner to celebrate Mother's Day with Michael's mom. We met his Mom, Dad, Rich, and Tif  at one of our favorite restaurants, Bonefish Grill. We had a great meal and a great time. After dinner we came home to watch the rest of the Blackhawks game and we are going to try to relax for just a couple hours before the weekend comes to a close. 

It's been a really busy weekend, but it was a lot of fun with our family. I am really looking forward to next weekend. I am only working Mon-Wed this week, Thursday I am spending the day cooking and getting things ready for Arla's bachelorette party weekend and then Friday, Arla, my Mom and I are heading North to Lake Geneva. All the other bachelorette party guests will be joining us on Saturday. I am so excited! It's going to be so nice to have a girls weekend away.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and a fabulous Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment