Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend. Thanks to the great weather, we spent most of it outside since it was beautiful. It was nice too since we didn't have a whole lot planned for the weekend. On Friday, I had a crazy day at work and I came home and we met up with Rich, Tif and Ken for dinner. After dinner we came home and watched the Hawks win game 3 of their series against the Sharks and we called it a night.

Saturday morning we woke up bright and early and headed to breakfast. After breakfast we picked up Michael's mom and headed to the Wheaton French Market. She had never been to it before so we thought she would enjoy it. We had a lot of fun walking around picking up fresh produce for the week. They seem to add new vendors and selection every week, which is nice. This week there was a woman that had a booth with my name written all over it. It was a French themed booth with all kinds of cute accessories, jewelry and handbags. It was a good thing I had limited cash with me, because I could have bought about 10 things. I bought a super cute umbrella and hat from her booth this week. I already have some necklaces in mind for next week! The umbrella I bought is designed with my favorite painting, "Sunday afternoon on the island of la grande jatte" by Seurat. I also got a cute hat with a crystal fleur di lis on it. She has a website, but it doesn't have a ton of inventory on it.

A picture of the umbrella

Michael and I in my new hat

After the French market we headed home and did a few things around the house and had lunch before heading down by my parents. We wanted to sit down with my parents and plan out a few things for our California trip in July. We figured out the rental car situation and got that all booked and we did some research on restaurants in Disneyland, Anaheim and San Diego. We found some great restaurants for our 2 days in San Diego and are planning on going here and here for dinner. We grilled out at my parents for dinner and had some yummy filets and fresh asparagus, salad, biscuits and beans. It was so nice to grill out and eat outside for once! After dinner we hung out a while and then headed home and crashed. 

Today, we got up and went to breakfast and we finally got to check out our new Whole Foods in Schaumburg! It just opened May 5 and we've been so busy on the weekends, we haven't been able to get there. It was so nice, we picked up some of our favorite products we've been missing the past few weeks and some fresh brats to grill out at Michael's parents house later in the day. 

Inside the beautiful new Whole Foods! Check out that produce!

After we went to Whole Foods we headed home and Michael started to cook potatoes and eggs for potato salad and I ran out to get a few more errands done. When I got home Michael and I finished chopping and dicing celery and onion and assembled the potato salad. I made us some lunch and a few chocolate strawberries as a treat and we relaxed for a few hours. Michael took a little cat nap while I caught some rays on the deck.

Michael taking a little snooze

In the afternoon we headed to Michael's parents to celebrate Michael's Mom's birthday. We had a cookout and hung outside all afternoon. The men mostly stayed inside watching the Hawks game; Stanley Cup here we come! Me, Tif and Wendy sat outside almost the whole day. It was so nice out and it was great to just sit outside. We hung out and munched on veggies and dip and just talked. For dinner they sparked up the grill and we had brats and burgers along with beans, potato salad and a delicious fruit salad. Everything was really good and we capped it off with make your own sundaes for dessert.

We got home a little while ago and we are chilling out on the deck as I write this. It's so beautiful out, we just didn't want to go inside! It's supposed to be great weather all week and hopefully next weekend for Memorial Day too! Hopefully we have officially made the turn towards summer weather. I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week ahead! I'm looking forward to a 4 day week and a 4 day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment