Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Bachelorette Party Weekend Recap!

What a great weekend! It was such a great weekend, it took me a day to recover and to finally get to writing this post! I had so much fun this weekend and more importantly, my sister had a wonderful weekend. So here's the recap with some pictures.

On Thursday, I was home from work and prepped for the party. I made bruschetta, veggie pizza, chocolate cake pops, and chocolate peanut clusters. I also prepped the sangria I was making Saturday night. I had to pack everything up and get the car set since my mom and Arla were coming Friday morning.

On Friday, I got up and got everything ready to go. My mom and Arla got here at 11 and we got right on the road. We made great time getting up to Lake Geneva and headed right into town for lunch. We had lunch at one of our favorite spots, Popeye's. It's right on the lake and has great views. After lunch we headed to the Grand Geneva Resort to get checked in. Our room wasn't ready right away so we walked around the resort and I showed Arla and my mom around since they had never been there before. We went to a couple of the shops and after about an hour our suite was finally ready. The suite was beautiful. They said it had just finished being remodeled last week so we were one of the first people to stay in it. It was gorgeous!

The suite's living room

Beautiful fireplace

Dining room area

The bride-to-be's room
The beautiful view from our patio

After we got settled in our room, Arla and I headed to the Grand Geneva Well Spa to get their grand salon manicure/pedicure treatment. The manicure/pedicure was amazing and really relaxing, we both really enjoyed it. For dinner we headed to one of my favorite restaurants the Geneva Chophouse. Neither my mom nor Arla had been there before so I was excited for them to experience the restaurant. We had an amazing meal. After dinner we headed outside where they have a huge fire pit surrounded by furniture to hangout.We had such a nice relaxing day, it was a great start to the weekend. 

Saturday morning we got up early and headed downtown to have breakfast at Egg Harbor and do some shopping. We started at our favorite store in Lake Geneva, the Cornerstone Shop. My sister and I both ended up with some great finds. I'm going to do a separate post on my finds later this week. We shopped up and down main street for a few hours before heading back to the resort to meet all of the other party guests who were arriving for the bachelorette party. We all met for lunch in the party suite. For lunch, I got a sandwich tray from Jimmy Johns and made an asian coleslaw and my mom made Portillo's chopped salad. After lunch some groups went shopping and some went horseback riding. I did some more shopping and found some great vacation clothes and some new shoes. 

After doing some shopping, I met my mom and Arla at the pool to get a quick swim in before going back to get ready for the party. While Arla was showering and getting ready, I decorated the suite for the party that night. The real party started at 6 pm! We started with appetizers and drinks and just talked for a while.
Custom banner I had made

Fun party masks and crown and sash for the guest of honor

The bachelorette ready to party!

Cold appetizers before dinner

All the girls talking and hanging out

After we ate and hung out, we had some special things planned for Arla. My mom and her two sisters had put together a poem about Arla and Teddy getting married. It was really cute and everyone laughed a lot and even cried a few tears. 

Andrea reading the poem, Arla looks scared!

After the poem, I put Arla in the hot seat with a little quiz I put together. I had asked Teddy a bunch of questions a week earlier and we tested Arla to see if she could match his answers. She got off to a rocky start, but rebounded with almost perfect answers the rest of the way. It was really fun to see which things she got right and wrong. We capped the night off with a fun lingerie shower for Arla. She got some really beautiful things. She is definitely set for the honeymoon! After the lingerie shower we sat around and ate, drank and laughed a lot! So many funny stories were told that night.

On Sunday, everyone came together to have breakfast before heading home. We packed up and hit the road around 10:30. All in all, I think everyone had a great time and the party was a big success. Many of the people who had never been to the Grand Geneva before were already talking about coming back with their husbands since they liked it so much. Mom, Arla and I are also talking about planning a trip soon for the 6 of us to come up for a weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment