Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weekend Recap

Another weekend down and it was one of the last free weekends we have with all of the holiday activities coming up. On Friday after work Michael and I headed to Plat Hill nursery for their annual holiday open house. Michael's mom used to work there for more than 10 years so we go to their open house every year. They have all of their trees decorated with different themes, so its fun to walk around to take a look at everything. I didn't buy anything this year but it was still fun. We met up with Michael's mom, Tif, baby Jacob, and Tif's mom.

Lots of trees and pretty things to look at

Check out this little guy, he looked so cute!

Jacob watching the train

Auntie Sara with Jacob

After going to the holiday open house Michael and I headed to Flattop Grill for our date night dinner. It was delicious as usual. After dinner we walked around a bit and I went to one of my new favorite stores, Charming Charlie! If you haven't been to one of these stores you should find one and go as soon as you can. It is a huge accessories store with tons of jewelry, handbags, scarves as well as clothing. The first time I went I was completely overwhelmed because there is just so much to look at. 

This is only a small section of the store, it's huge!

To make things a little easier all of the jewelry and accessories are sorted by color

The red section

I got a few cute new headbands for the holidays, a new winter hat with matching gloves and some hair clips. After doing some shopping Michael and I headed over to Rich and Tif's to hang out with them, baby Jacob and Ken. We just hung out and talked until we were all yawning uncontrollably, so we decided it was time to head home. 

On Saturday, we got up and went to breakfast and then I headed to get my hair cut and colored. It really needed it so I was happy to get it done before Thanksgiving and our Christmas card pictures.

Yay, fresh cut and color!

After my haircut Michael and I went to Costco to pick up a few things and then came home to have some lunch. We just relaxed in the afternoon before heading over to Michael's parents house for dinner. We had a yummy dinner and just relaxed. I got a lot of auntie Sara time in with Jacob too! It was a nice night. We headed home and relaxed for a bit before crashing.

Jacob and Mommy

Jacob got his first taste of celery

He also got to sit at the table with all of us for dinner. He is getting to be such a big boy!

Today we got up and went to breakfast and then went to Whole Foods for our weekly grocery shopping. After grocery shopping we were heading to Menards and we saw this store, Garden Ridge. I had read about it on one of my blogs and I really wanted to check it out, so we stopped. First of all, this place is huge. It's the size of a Costco and there is so much to look at it. It's kind of like a giant Home Goods since they sell mostly home decor and it's very reasonably priced. I could have walked around here for hours, I will definitely be back to check it out again!

Check out the throw pillows, this was only one of the 4 aisles!

Need a lamp shade, I bet you can find it here!

They had a ridiculous amount of Christmas stuff, not to mention Christmas trees in every color. I want a hot pink one, HA!

There were 5 aisles of picture frames like this

Anyone need a knight?!!

After wandering around Garden Ridge for a while we headed home. We did some things around the house had some lunch and we're just relaxing and watching some football this afternoon. It has been a nice and low-key weekend. I still can't believe that Thanksgiving is just around the corner. I just need to make it through this week and then I am off all of Thanksgiving week! I can't wait! I have a busy week of work ahead so it should go by pretty fast. I hope all of you had a great weekend and have a speedy week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment