Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New recipe: Out of Italy Turkey Burgers


I love turkey burgers and when I saw this recipe on one of my blogs last week I knew I had to try them. These burgers were really flavorful. I would add a little less of the mayo mixture to the burgers next time because mine were a little wet. Maybe it's because I used ground turkey instead of the chicken it calls for. Besides that, these were perfect and I can't wait to make them again!

Turkey Burgers with Garlic-Basil Mayonnaise

Ingredients
Garlic-Basil Mayo:
1 cup mayo
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced (I always add more garlic and used at least 3, maybe 4)

Burgers:
1 pound ground chicken (I used ground turkey because I had it already)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Burger buns

Ingredients

For the mayo: slice basil - here's a tip of how to slice basil - stack the leaves 
 
roll leaves together
then slice into thin strips

 Mix together the mayo, basil, and garlic


For the burgers: Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.

In a large bowl, combine the chicken, salt, pepper, and half of the mayo mixture (I would use about 1/3)


Using clean hands, gently mix the ingredients and form into patties, each about 1 inch thick. Grill for about 7 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Transfer to paper towels and let rest for a few minutes.
Spread a dollop of the mayo mixture onto the bun tops. Top each bottom with a burger. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment