Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Things I'm loving: November


 1. Pomegranates
I know pomegranates have become the latest trend, but I have been eating them since I was a kid. They are one of my dad's favorite things and he has been eating them for as long as I remember. Michael had never had them before until last year and he has been hooked. We buy ours at Costco because they are the best I've ever found. We buy a case of 6 every week, we can't help ourselves! The season only lasts until January so we gotta get them while we can!

2. Fall Weather
This has definitely been one of the best Fall's I can remember. I mean how often do you get 60's and 70's in November? We had perfect weather for every outdoor activity we had planned this Fall and it was so nice. Hopefully we don't pay for all that nice weather with lots of snow and cold weather in December, January and February!

3. Thanksgiving with our families
The holidays are all about time spent with family and we love this time of year just for that reason. Thanksgiving seems like it is becoming a forgotten holiday since Christmas seems to get earlier and earlier each year. I think Thanksgiving is such a special holiday and we are lucky to be with all of our family on that day.

4. Christmas decor around the house
  I love decorating our house any season, but I definitely love decorating for Christmas. I definitely have the most decor for Christmas. It's always been tradition in our family to decorate the house for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. We still go to my parents the day after Thanksgiving to set up their tree. This year, since I was off of work the entire Thanksgiving week, I was really able to take my time and change things up a bit. I'm really happy with the results. I'll be doing a full post on our tree and all of our Christmas decor as part of my 25 days of Christmas posts.

5. Having my Christmas shopping done!
Last year, we were done Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving and it was so nice not having to worry about it all December long. We didn't have to go out to the mall every weekend and drive around parking lots for 20 minutes looking for a parking spot or deal with angry customers/retail workers. It was so glorious we decided we wanted to do the same thing again this year. Luckily, we don't have a ton of people to shop for so that makes it a little easier. I'm looking forward to another December of relaxation and soaking the holidays in, instead of complaining about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment