Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

New recipe: Stuffed shells


I have been so sick of eating the same things week after week, so I thought I would try something different. I saw a recipe in a magazine for stuffed shells but neither Michael or I like ricotta so I just came up with my own recipe. It turned out great, they were delicious! I will definitely make these again. I used Italian sausage this time but I think these would be great with ground turkey as well. Please ignore my horrible pictures. Now that it gets dark so early, it really hinders taking great food shots.

Ingredients
1 lb. Italian sausage or ground turkey
1/2 a box of jumbo shells
1 can of tomato sauce
1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or your favorite Italian cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Garlic powder to taste
Italian seasoning to taste

 Ingredients

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Get your pasta shells cooking while making the mixture.

Remove sausage from casing and add the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, 1/2 can of tomato sauce, 1 cup of shredded cheese, garlic powder and Italian seasoning to taste (about 2 tsp each for us).

Mix all ingredients well until combined

Cook your pasta shells, make sure they are not mushy, a little al dente is best

Stuff the shells with the prepared mixture

Cover the shells with your favorite jarred marinara sauce, 1 cup shredded cheese, garlic powder and Italian seasoning

Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment