Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Weekend Recap

Whoa, this weekend went by way too fast, I can't believe tomorrow is Monday already. We had a busy but really fun weekend. On Friday, I got out of work early which is always nice. I got some things done around the house and we decided to go out and get some Thai food for dinner. We came home and just relaxed and watched a movie. 

Saturday we were up and out early. We headed down to my parents house and I picked up my mom and Michael stayed at their house. My mom and I were meeting my sister and all the bridesmaids for wedding dress fittings! I was so excited to see my sister in her wedding dress and get to try on my bridesmaid dress too. We had so much fun. Obviously I can't show a picture of my sister in her dress but here's a small sneak peak!


After my sister tried on her dress it was my mom's turn. She has a beautiful aqua gown with crystal bead embellishments. It looks so nice on her!


I was really excited to try on  my dress. It seems like we picked the dresses out forever ago and we never got to see them in the color my sister wanted so it was a little like Christmas morning getting to finally see the dresses! They are really pretty dresses and they look great on everyone. 

Me in my dress. The back of the dress has a really pretty long sash that ties around the neck.

The front of the dress

All of us girls had so much fun. Stacy brought all the supplies for mimosas, which were delicious! It was just nice to have all the girls together before the big day. After the dress fittings, we all went out to lunch in downtown Frankfort. Here are a few more pictures from our dress fittings.

Arla enjoying a mimosa!

Stacy modeling some "winter bride" accessories!

We even had some boys at our dress fitting! Andrea brought Cole and Carter; they are so ridiculously cute and they are such good babies.

After the dress fittings and lunch we headed back to my parents house. While we were gone, Michael, Teddy and my Dad were working on a big surprise for my Mom's birthday. Michael and I, along with Arla and Teddy bought my Mom an outdoor gazebo for their deck. The boys were busy assembling it while we were gone so it was ready when we got home from the dress fittings. The funny thing was that my Mom and Dad had bought themselves a gazebo the day before by pure coincidence. So when she came home and saw it, she was puzzled why it didn't look like the one they bought. We had to clue her in that we had bought one for her birthday! It was really funny and she was really surprised!

That doesn't look like the one we bought! LOL

Surprise, Happy Birthday!

Mom and Dad checking out their new outdoor digs.

A shot of the new gazebo on their deck.

After my mom's surprise, we headed indoors so Teddy could open up his birthday presents. Somehow I didn't take any pictures of Teddy opening his gifts but he got a bunch of Hawaii honeymoon clothes from my Mom and Dad and Michael and I. We hung out for a while and then we all headed to dinner. We went to Claim Jumper for dinner. It was so good! My Dad and Arla and Teddy had never been there before, but I think they will definitely be going back. We had a delicious dinner and some great desserts too! After dinner Michael and I headed home and crashed from a very busy day. 

Today we slept in a little which was a nice treat and we headed to breakfast and then grocery shopping. After grocery shopping we headed to Lowe's to pick up painting supplies. We are going to do some painting around the house this Spring. We need to paint all of the hallways. They are still builder's white and are pretty scuffed up. We want to add some subtle color and just make everything look fresh and new again.  

Tonight we are making beer can chicken on the grill for Sunday dinner and we are going to just relax the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment