Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

25 Days of Christmas: Day 14 - Ethan's Felt Tree


I had seen this idea on Pinterest last year and I really wanted to make it but I knew at 7 months that Ethan was just too little to appreciate it so I waited until this year. Ethan has been so interested in our tree that I knew he would love playing with his own felt tree. 

It was super easy to put together. I went to Hobby Lobby and got a few yards of green, blue and white felt for the tree and background and then picked up a bunch of felt sheets in different colors for all of the smaller accent pieces. I made it during one of Ethan's naps so it didn't take long either. I thought it came out really cute and I love that we can use it year after year.


I hung it up on one of the walls in our kitchen so there was plenty of room for him to play with it.



He came down from his nap and noticed his new tree right away. He started grabbing the ornaments and moving them all around. He was so excited and he went for the choo choo and snowman right away! He has been playing with it a lot since I hung it up. I think I'm going to make a dress up snowman for him to play with after Christmas since he likes it so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment