Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Weekend Recap

We have had a really nice weekend. We made it through our first week back at work after vacation, which wasn't easy, believe me! On Friday I got out of work a little early which was nice. I came home and relaxed for a bit before we headed over to Michael's parents for dinner. Rich, Tif and baby Jacob were there as well. We sat and visited and had a really yummy dinner. I got lots of Auntie Sara time in with Jacob so that was a big bonus! He is so cute and such a good baby. I didn't bring my camera again. I'm really slacking I need to take some updated pictures. After dinner and desert we headed home and just relaxed.

On Saturday, we got up early and headed out to breakfast and then the Wheaton Farmer's Market. It had been almost a month since we've been so it was great to get all our fresh fruits and veggies for the week. I am in total denial that the farmer's market is only going to be around for 6 or so more weeks. After the Farmer's Market we headed to our Toyota dealership to meet my parents who were car shopping. They ended up buying a new car! They got a 2010 Toyota Venza in silver. They didn't have the one they wanted on site so it should be coming this week. They are really excited.

After the car dealer we came home to wait for a furniture delivery. We got our new chair for our bedroom that we ordered about 6 weeks ago. It finally came! It is perfect and exactly what we wanted. Our bedroom is really coming together, we really just need to add some accessories and it will be all done!

New chair and curtains

The re-design is taking shape!

Michael is very happy to finally have a recliner in the bedroom and I'm happy it doesn't look like a recliner!

After our chair was delivered we headed down to my parents house. We were going to finally be celebrating my Dad's birthday. His birthday was in June but in between Arla and Teddy's wedding and our vacation we never got around to being able to celebrate. We hung out at their house for a little while before heading out to dinner. We went to one of our old family favorites, Enrico's in Frankfort. They have such great Italian food. We had a lot of fun as always and laughed a lot! Luckily Arla brought her camera so I have some pictures.

The birthday boy!

Arla and Dad

Mom and I

Michael and Teddy doing I have no idea what?!!

The newlyweds, Arla and Teddy!

After dinner we headed back to my parents to hang out for a little bit and had a yummy cookie sundae for dessert. After dessert we headed home and crashed.

Today we got up and had breakfast and headed to the grocery store to pick up a few things. We didn't need very much after going to the farmers market so it was nice and quick. It was pretty rainy this morning so we just relaxed. Well I should say Michael relaxed and I have been glued to the computer most of the day. I got an email while we were on vacation from Shutterfly for 20% anything and it is only good until Tuesday. I knew I wanted to make a photo book of our trip and I knew it was going to have a lot of pages (73 to be exact) so I definitely needed to use that coupon. So I spent many hours getting our vacation photo album put together today. It came out great and I can't wait to get it!

The cover of our vacation photo album

Since I spent most of the afternoon on the computer, Michael took care of our Sunday dinner. He made his famous bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin medallions and they were delicious! It was nice to not have to worry about dinner, he's the best!

A yummy Sunday dinner by Michael!

I can't believe the weekend is already over. Another 5 days of work ahead. Hopefully they will go by very fast so we can enjoy another wonderful weekend. I hope all of you had a great weekend and have an easy week ahead! Look for the conclusion of my vacation recap posts this week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Thanks for mentioning Shutterfly in your blog. I'd love to help out with your photo book. Please contact me at shutterflylinks@gmail.com

    Best regards,
    Shutterfly

    ReplyDelete