Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Fall Cravings

As much as I love the summer and it's long, sunny days, there is just something about Fall that I am always mesmerized by. As August is coming to a close, I can't help but think of all of the wonderful Fall things we have to look forward to in the next couple months.

Fall Clothes
One of my favorite parts of fall is the clothes! I have been lusting over all the new sweaters, jackets and dresses in the stores. Thank goodness for Old Navy coupons!

School supplies
If you know me well enough, you know how much I love paper and pens! Even though I am not back in school or have kids in school, my heart started beating just a little bit faster walking through Target a couple of weeks ago when all the pens, pencils, paper and markers were all set up waiting to be bought. It was very hard not to just scoop up some new supplies, just because.

The return of football and hockey

After a way too long and disappointing baseball season for our Chicago teams, I am ready for our football Sundays! I love our Sunday afternoons cuddled up on the couch watching football all day. The Blackhawks (the ones that are left) will be making their triumphant return to the ice in September as well. We were so caught up in hockey fever this past season, I can't wait!

Fall Decorating
Fall is one of my favorite times of year for decorating. I love all the rich colors mixed in with the playful Halloween decor. We do it up big in our house and I look forward to digging everything out of storage really soon!

Oktoberfest
We will be hosting our 5th annual Oktoberfest this year! I love throwing this party every year and have so much fun getting caught up in the menu planning, decorating, cooking and hosting of it! It always reminds me of the night Michael proposed since he proposed after everyone left the first time we held the party. I can't believe it is our 5th year already!

Goebberts Farm

We discovered this place last year and fell in love. Not only can you pick out your pumpkin, but you can feed giraffes and other animals, go through a corn maze, watch pig races and much more! We had a blast last year and I can't wait to go again!

Pumpkin Carving
Of course you can't go to the pumpkin farm and not carve the pumpkins! I love pumpkin carving and we do it every year. We always try to come up with new techniques to top the year before. Even Porkchop gets in on the act!

Apple Picking
This is a new fall tradition we are starting this year. We are getting a whole group together to go pick some apples. I see lots of applesauce and apple pie in our future!

Lake Geneva
It's no secret, the Grand Geneva Resort is one of our favorite weekend getaway retreats. Michael hasn't been since we were there for Valentine's Day, but I got to go in May for Arla's bachelorette party, so he feels deprived! We are heading up there the second weekend in October. I'm really excited, it's Oktoberfest weekend in town so there should be lots of fun festivities going on!

Our Birthdays
Michael and I are exactly 1 month apart to the day. We will be celebrating his big day September 23 and mine October 23!

No comments:

Post a Comment