Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Weekend Recap

We had a very productive weekend. I worked from home on Friday which was nice because I had a lot to get done. Its nice to work without interruptions instead of the office with the phone and lots of people to interrupt! After work we went out for dinner and then came back to get things set-up for our garage sale the next day.

On Saturday, we were up bright and early to finish moving and pricing items for the garage sale. We really only were concerned about selling our couch since our new one will be here soon.

Want to buy our couch?!!

We didn't have a ton of traffic so we closed up shop around 1 or so. I think it was too darn hot for everyone! We sold some things but we still have the couch in the garage. We are going to donate what's left to the Salvation Army but see if we can sell the couch on Craigs List. At least we got a bunch of things we don't use anymore out of the house, that's the best part!

After some lunch, we both passed out and took a nap. The heat really got to us I think. Once we were up, we took showers and got ready and met my parents for dinner. They picked up their new car on Friday so we wanted to check out their new wheels! We had a yummy dinner at Claim Jumper and got to see their car on our way out. After dinner we headed to Rich and Tif's to hang out. Michael, Rich and Ken played some poker while Tif and I talked and hung out with baby Jacob of course. I had to get some Auntie Sara time in!

Getting ready for bed in the Winnie the Pooh pj's we bought him!

Seriously, can he be any cuter?!!

Today, we got up and went to breakfast and then headed to Whole Foods to do our grocery shopping for the week. After grocery shopping we got a lot of projects done around the house. Michael cleaned out the fridge and freezer. I went upstairs and cleaned up my craft room which has been kind of a disaster since we went on vacation. I use it as my packing room and there were clothes everywhere. It felt good to get that all cleaned up. I've also been meaning to go through our dressers to clean out all the old and too big clothes. I got rid of 5 bags of clothes! 

We relaxed the rest of the afternoon and then I started prepping our Sunday dinner. I made veal parmesan with fusilli pasta. It was super yummy! We are going to relax and watch some tv and pretend tomorrow isn't Monday. I swear, Labor Day weekend can't come soon enough, I need a 4 day weekend. These weekends go by too fast!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a quick week ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment