Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weekend Recap

Another weekend gone and it went by too fast! Both Michael and I had crazy Friday's so we knew we wanted to go out to dinner. We called up Rich and Tif and Michael's parents to see if they wanted to get some dinner. We met up at the Village Tavern and grabbed a bite to eat. We had to wait a little bit but we got to hang out and watch this little guy!

Look at all the hair he's got coming in, he's so cute!

Speaking of cute, look at this sweet picture from his 6 week photo shoot!

I haven't seen the rest of the pictures yet, but this one is so cute. I love his little hat! After dinner we headed home and Michael and I crashed. 
On Saturday, we woke up and got breakfast and then Michael headed home to work on a project and I headed out to do some shopping. I headed to the farmer's market and then out to Schaumburg to Home Goods and some other stores. I needed to get some new throw pillows for our new couch and I was hunting for a new side table for the living room. I lucked out finding the pillows, but not so much on the table. While I was gone, Michael was working on installing a screen door on our front door. It came out great and he was very proud!

Michael showing off his hard work!

Our new screen door
We relaxed for a bit and Michael took a little nap before we headed out for date night. We went to Tsukasa of Tokyo. We had never been there before but have heard great things from Rich, Tif, Paul and Ken. It's teppanyaki style dining and it was so good! The filet was incredible. It was a great date night!

Today, we got up and had breakfast and then went grocery shopping for the week. After grocery shopping Michael was back at work on our front door but this time, he was working on replacing our gold locks and hardware on our door to brushed nickel hardware. While Michael was working on the door, I was baking him up some of his favorite blueberry muffins. I picked up some blueberries on Saturday at the farmer's market just for him.

Michael's favorite!

Michael finished changing out the gold hardware to the much preferred nickel hardware and it looks so much better! Check out the before and after.

Before: This was taken around Easter this year

The After: Good bye Gold!

After finishing up the door, Michael helped me hang all of our photos on our new travel wall. I am so happy with how it came out. It is exactly how I pictured it in my head. The best part is that we can keep adding to the wall as we visit more places. I wanted to hang everything by sight, but Michael helped me measure and hang everything and adhere all of the vinyl wording. I got the frames from IKEA and the vinyl words from Etsy seller, thestickerhut.

Michael rubbing a vinyl travel word onto the wall

The finished product!

The view walking up the stairs

While Michael and I were busy working all day, this is what Porkchop did. So lazy, but very cute!

After all of our projects were done, I got started on Sunday dinner. I made BBQ baby back pork ribs, asparagus, cheesy potatoes and biscuits. It was really yummy! 

Sunday dinner

We are going to just relax what's left of tonight and get ready for Monday. At least it's a short week leading up to a 4-day weekend. So tomorrow is already my Tuesday, yay! I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment