Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekend Recap

We had such a wonderful weekend! Last weekend we worked our tails off with the garage sale so we were looking forward to a weekend where we didn't have anything planned. On Friday, I worked from home, which was nice but I was really busy. The day went by fast and before I knew it the day was over and Michael was home.

We went to dinner at Weber Grill with Rich, Tif and Baby Jacob. We had a great time and Jacob was such a good little boy. While we had dinner, he drank his bottle and was very content. After dinner we headed back to Rich and Tif's to hang out. I tried to get some Auntie Sara time in with Jacob, but he was not having it! Normally I can calm him down with some walking around and butt patting, but my auntie powers were not working. He wanted his momma! So I got to look at his cute little face from across the room. Of course Michael and Rich thought it was hysterical that he was screaming when I held him, so not funny! After hanging out for a while, we headed home and crashed.

On Saturday, we got up and headed to breakfast and then we went to the Wheaton Farmer's Market. After the farmer's market, I headed out to do some shopping. I went out looking for fall and Halloween decor and ended up finding so much stuff for our master bedroom! I don't know why but every time I go out looking for bedroom decor I never find anything, so apparently I just need to stop looking for it! After shopping Michael and I went out to lunch and then we just relaxed the rest of the day. We had big plans for Sunday so we wanted to be rested!

Today, we got up and went to breakfast and then headed to Whole Foods to do our grocery shopping. After grocery shopping we stopped at the hardware store to pick up a few things and then headed home to start on our projects. The first project we tackled was to hang a vinyl wall hanging I ordered from Etsy in our entryway. It came out great!


New wall vinyl in the entryway

After hanging the vinyl, we finally hung the mirror over the entryway table. It's been propped up on the table for a couple of months now. I think I can finally call the entryway makeover done!


Next on the agenda was to accessorize our master bedroom with the new items I found on Saturday. While I was busy accessorizing, Michael was working on his own project, organizing our dvd's. 

He took several hundred dvd's

He alphabetized them and organized them in here
So long dvd cases!

I am really excited about the progress of our master bedroom re-decorating project. I have been having the hardest time finding yellow, white and gray accessories and I finally found some great items. I am still looking for a few more pieces and need to incorporate some pictures, but it's getting really close! Here are some progress pictures.





 
I also re-worked a lamp from another room to make it work in our bedroom. Here's the before:


I just added some grograin ribbon in black and yellow and presto, a new lamp! Here's the after:


One of the other projects I have been wanting to tackle is our travel wall going upstairs. I have all the frames and I ordered some vinyl travel words to incorporate as well. I wanted to lay out the configuration incorporating the words to make sure it still worked. 

Configuration with words

I also sat down and finally ordered all the pictures from our travels to fill these frames. The pictures should be coming this week so next weekend the wall will no longer be bare!

Travel wall coming soon!

After our projects were done, I started making Sunday dinner. Somehow planning on turkey breast turned into Thanksgiving dinner! I made an herbed turkey breast, stuffing, potatoes and biscuits. It was delicious!

Yummy Sunday dinner!

After all of that we are spending the rest of the night relaxing and I need to get caught up on this blog. I didn't intend on going dark this week, but somehow the week got away from me. I am hoping to be a better blog this week. I think my blogging will be better once we get our new couch this week too. For some reason I'm not as inspired in the man den, sorry baby! Our new couch is coming Wednesday and I can't wait, we really miss hanging out in our living room.

We really miss our couch! LOL

Well that's our weekend, have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment