Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

California trip recap 3: California Adventure

In addition to Disneyland, there is another park called California Adventure. It is a relatively new park and they have been steadily adding to it over the past several years and there are big plans to add on in the next 2 years. I loved that California Adventure was literally across the way from Disneyland. You can easily go between parks.

California Adventure Main Entrance

Forget Where's Waldo? Where's Mom, Dad and Michael?

The park is obviously California themed and one of my favorite areas was the Paradise Pier section. It housed my two favorite rides, Toy Story Mania and California Screamin'.
California Screamin' is the roller coaster track you see here

Mickey ferris wheel

My "fresh and hot" popcorn Mickey ears

One of the things I was most looking forward to in going to California Adventure is their new nighttime spectacular, World of Color. It just debuted in June and it has been a huge success. People literally line up and wait for more than 3 hours to get a good spot to see the performance. It is an amazing show that uses water, colored light, fire and music to celebrate some of Disney's favorite movies and characters. It is honestly one of the coolest things I've ever seen. It was better than any fireworks show I've seen. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the World of Color show.

Michael waiting for the show to begin









No comments:

Post a Comment