Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

25 Days of Christmas: Day 2 - Jingle Bells the Elf



This year we started a new tradition in the Dworianyn house, we are hosting our very own elf from the North Pole! I know this little guy is very controversial, but I think it's fun. I have just been waiting for Ethan to be old enough to get it. He definitely gets it and has been having so much fun with it in just the few days he has been here.

Our elf visited us the first time the day after Thanksgiving. He arrived with a book, an adoption certificate and a set of fun Christmas cups for Ethan and Sofia to use during the holiday!


Ethan was so excited! We told him that we needed to come up with a name for our elf and Ethan came up with "Jingle Bells." I wasn't too surprised by that suggestion because it is his favorite Christmas song and he sings it all year long! We tried to make suggestions, but he was adamant about  Jingle Bells, so that's what we went with.


In just the few days since Jingle Bells has been visiting us, he has been having lots of fun. He's gone fishing, taken a ride on a candy cane zip line, drank a glass of water with a crazy long straw, built and gotten trapped in a Lego fort, and dressed up as a pirate!








It's so much fun to see Ethan's face every day when he sees what our elf has been up to. I want to cherish every year of magic I can so I love doing fun things like this for my kiddos. I'll be sure to give another update later this month with what Jingle bells has been up to!

1 comment:

  1. I know there are many people who don't like the elf on the shelf, but our family loves it! I'm glad you guys are having fun with it, and thank you for some of the ideas!! Haha

    ReplyDelete