Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Weekend Recap

This weekend went by way too fast. I have a feeling they are all going to feel pretty short with no days off or vacations in sight. We had a nice weekend though. On Friday, we just laid low. I made ravioli for dinner and we just relaxed.

On Saturday, we got up and went to get some breakfast. After breakfast I headed out to the Aurora outlet mall to see if they had any good deals. I had some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket that I was eager to spend. I didn't have a ton of luck for myself but I did get some good gifts. I needed to get a gift for my cousin Andrea's twins Cole and Carter for their first birthday. I found some great deals at Carters and was able to get quite a few things for the birthday boys.

I also found a couple of things for Jacob of course. I had gotten Jacob a couple onesies a while back that said "My Auntie is #1." I got a 3 month and a 6 month but he is getting so big, so it was time for some new ones. Well Carter's just happened to have their spring model out in the stores so Jacob will be able to sport his love for his Auntie Sara now through 9 and 12 months!

After a couple of hours at the outlet mall and not much luck, I headed home. Michael was hanging out over at Rich and Tif's so I stopped over there for a bit to say hello and get a little bit of Auntie Sara time in with Jacob. We stayed for a little bit and then headed home to get ready for our family party. We headed down to New Lenox to Christ and Andrea's to celebrate Cole and Carter's first birthday. We had a lot of fun and it was nice to see our family as always. So many times we go from Christmas to Easter without seeing one another so it was nice to have another reason to get together. 

Birthday boy Cole

Birthday boy Carter

These were a couple of lucky boys. They had a magician and homemade pizzas at their party. The pizzas were really cool. They hired a company that brings a pizza oven to your house, makes and cooks all of the pizzas. Such a cool idea and they were delicious too!

The pizza guys in action in the garage

After dinner it was time for gifts and cake. The boys were a little more interested in balloons and wrapping paper, but Andrea had lots of helpers to open all of the gifts. 

Present time!

Cole watching all of the action

Cake time, isn't it adorable!

The boys ready to dig in!

 Cole shoved that piece of cake right in!

Nom...nom...nom

Having a ball!

 Cole managed to get it in his hair too, it was hilarious!

Apparently Cole is developing a sweet tooth, he got into Papa's Christmas cookies too!
 
Busted!

The boys got a bath and it was jammy time for the little monkees!

We had a great time at the party and headed home around 9. We crashed pretty hard when we got home. 

Today we got up and went to breakfast and then ran a bunch of errands. We went grocery shopping, to Costco and I needed to go to Joann too. We didn't have any plans so we just relaxed most of the day. I did do one small project. I got one of my Etsy items I was waiting on and I found a frame this weekend so I wanted to put it all together. I love the print and how it came out!

Print all framed up

Close-up of the print

We are making some yummy bacon wrapped pork tenderloin for Sunday dinner and we're going to just relax the rest of the night. I hope all of you had a great weekend and have a quick week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment