Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Blog book 2010

With 2010 over, I wanted to turn all of my blog posts into a book like I did in 2009. In 2009 I had just started blogging. I didn't start until July and I wasn't posting everyday. My book that year was only 80 pages. I went back to Blog 2 Print to make this year's blog book but unfortunately, I was over their maximum capacity. You can only have 1500 photos and it has to be less than 300 pages. I was going to just print 2 separate volumes, one from January through June and one from July through December, but I really wanted to have just one book. So I started looking for other options.

I found Lulu through another blogger who had the same problem as I did with Blog 2 Print. They have much larger capacity for books and it's very reasonably priced. The only issue is that you have to upload your own content. So I went back to Blog 2 Print and bought a PDF of my posts in the two separate volumes and then combined them in Adobe. I was then able to upload my PDF to Lulu, design my cover and order it.

I'm really excited too because it's hardcover and the one I order last year was soft cover. My book would have been $109 but I found a 25% off coupon which helped. My book last year was only $30 but it was a lot smaller. My book this year is, are you ready for it....468 pages!!! Whew, my fingers are tired just thinking of all that blogging! I can't wait to get it, it should be here next week. I'll be sure to do a follow-up on how the quality is just in case you want to use them in the future. Here's a sneak peak of the cover.

Our 2010 blog book

No comments:

Post a Comment