Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Weekend Recap

We have had a really nice, low-key weekend. Last weekend was so busy. So busy, I never got around to writing a recap for it! We were going non-stop the entire 4-day weekend. This weekend was the complete opposite. We had absolutely no plans and it was a nice change of pace. On Friday, I worked from home and after work, Michael and I ordered in some dinner and just relaxed together.

On Saturday, we got up and got some breakfast and then headed out for the day. We started at Chase bank to set up some new accounts there. We are switching from Harris Bank but needed to set up the new ones before we could close the our other accounts. After the bank we headed to Toyota so Michael could pick up his new car. It's pretty much the exact same car as he had before but it has a couple other options. He now has a sunroof and a back-up camera. It took a really long time for everything as usual, but Michael was happy.


By the time we got done with the car it was almost 2 o'clock. We grabbed some lunch and headed home to relax for a while. Later on we headed to Rich and Tif's to hang out, play with Jacob and have some dinner. We had fun as usual and went to dinner at Famous Dave's. 

Today we got up and had some breakfast and then headed to Whole Foods for our grocery shopping. After grocery shopping we headed home to get some things done around the house. I went for a manicure/pedicure and Michael headed to the range for awhile. My mani/pedi was nice and relaxing. I chose OPI's Miami Beet this week.


The rest of the afternoon we've just been relaxing in the air conditioning since it's so steamy out. We've also been watching lots of Harry Potter to gear up for the last movie next weekend. I'm so sad that its going to be all over. 

I've also spent the afternoon finalizing our 2010 cookbook. It's only 6 months late! I've been waiting on some family recipes and I finally got all the details so I could finish it up. Last year I started a new tradition by making a cookbook with all of the new recipes we tried and liked that year, along with some family favorite recipes from both our families. I want to do this every year so that we'll have a whole volume set of our own cookbooks. This is what our 2010 cookbook looks like. It should be here within a couple of weeks. I used Blurb again to create it.


Michael made us a really yummy Sunday dinner of NY strip steaks, baked potatoes, asparagus and biscuits. 


I am really hoping this week goes by fast. I'm really excited for next weekend. I am taking a photography class on Saturday and we are also seeing the last Harry Potter, which we are dying to see! Tonight we are just going to relax and enjoy what's left of the weekend. I hope all of you had a great weekend and have a good week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment