Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

25 Days of Christmas: Day 1 - O, Christmas Tree


After the 2009 Christmas tree crash, Michael said that we were officially done with getting fresh Christmas trees. I was kind of bummed at the time because I had grown up with only fake trees so when we got our house I really wanted to have a real tree. I'm happy we did it for a few years but it is kind of a pain in the butt, especially when it falls over! When our tree crashed last year we tried to replace it with a fake tree and we couldn't find anything we liked. Finally this summer, I found a great pre-lit tree at Hobby Lobby and for 50% off, score! I have been waiting to set up this tree for 3 months now so I was really excited to see how it looked.

I have to say, Michael was right, fake was the way to go! The tree is 9' tall and slim cut. It goes together in three pieces and it is pre-lit with 900 lights. It took us very little time to get it up and ready. The tree is the perfect size for our space and it doesn't require watering, HA! We did a few different things with our tree this year like add a new topper and some ribbon garland. I love the way it came out! So now, I present you with the 2010 Dworianyn Christmas tree!! (drumroll.....)

Isn't she pretty?!!

 Lit up at night

No comments:

Post a Comment