Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

25 Days of Christmas: Day 10 - Christmas questionnaire


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper. It's more work, but I love the finished product. Plus I love having a different wrapping paper pattern for each person I have gifts for.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
We've done both. The past two years we have had a real tree, but this year we decided to go artificial and I love it!

3. When do you put up the tree?
Thanksgiving weekend. We put up my parents tree the day after Thanksgiving so ours usually goes up on Saturday.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Somewhere between the day after Christmas and New Years.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Hate it, just ask Michael how much I don't like it!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Probably our first computer, it was a Mac, one of the little cube ones and we got "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego" with it.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
Our Dads

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Our nephew Jacob!
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
No

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Definitely mail

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
An electronic telephone number organizer when I was 7, I didn't really have a lot of phone numbers to keep track of, HA!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, we watch it at least 5 times before the Christmas season is over

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
As early as possible, I always have my eye out for something, but the bulk of it is done in November

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
All of the delicious cookies and candies we make

16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)?
They've got to be colored, I think white is boring

17. Favorite Christmas song?
All I want for Christmas is you.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Luckily our family lives close so we don't have to deal with crazy airports or long road trips

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Of course!

20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree?
None of the above, we have a light up Frosty the Snowman hat this year and before that we had a red and white polka dot metal bow.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
This year we are doing both, but traditionally I like Christmas morning, I like the build up of anticipation.

22. Favorite children's Christmas song?
I Want A Hippopotomus For Christmas.

23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
People who are crabby and don't embrace this time of year, no Scrooges or Grinches allowed in our house!

24. Favorite ornament theme or color?
We have lots of candy and Disney ornaments

25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day?
This year my mom is having bbq ribs, I love that its something different besides turkey or ham.

26. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Something that unfortunately can not be bought in any store

27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa?
Michael did 3 years ago for all of my little cousins but that is the only time.

28. Age you discovered who Santa was?
I was in 5th grade and I was crushed and it makes me so sad that kids always try and ruin it for other kids.

29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider?
Definitely hot chocolate and it has to be from Starbucks!

30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors?
I tend to do more red and white than red and green

31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof?
Um, no.

32. How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key?
Chimney.

33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards?
I like both.

34. Favorite children's Christmas Cartoon?
How The Grinch Stole Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment