Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

25 Days of Christmas: Day 22 - Putting on the Ritz...in the ER


Oh, there's never a dull moment in the Love Nest...So there I am just doing some shopping and my phone rings, it was Michael. I originally thought he was going to find out where I was so he could come and meet me for lunch. Unfortunately, he was calling me from an ambulance. He was delivering parts to a customer and he rolled his ankle going down some stairs. He thought for sure that he broke it. I got in my car and made my way to the hospital to meet him there. Of course he was visiting a customer that was far away and they take you to the closest hospital. It took me over an hour to get there. When I got there he was in X-Ray but that didn't take to long so I was finally able to see him. He said he was fine but his giant ankle said otherwise.

Yikes, it's the size of a baseball! The "X" is a pulse point to check his heart rate

He was in very good spirits even though we waited for hours and hours and hours to see a doctor

Work doesn't stop even if you're injured, he kept answering the phone and taking orders!

After about 4 hours we finally got to see a doctor and got to hear the good news that his ankle wasn't fractured or broken, thank goodness! He does have a severe sprain and they were concerned about the swelling so they decided to put him in a half cast. 

Sporting his new cast and fancy shoe!

They also gave him a cane and walker to help him get around instead of crutches. He was having way too much fun with the cane. He was singing, "Putting on the Ritz" when they gave it to him! LOL

Having way too much fun in the hospital!

After 5 hours in the hospital and another hour wait at the pharmacy for his pain meds, we finally made it home. Neither of us had eaten anything since 8 in the morning so I threw some dinner together so we could crash. 

The patient relaxing

I really thought we were going to make it through 2010 without a hospital visit in our families, but Michael just had to ruin the streak! Luckily it was relatively minor and he should be good as new in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment