Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

12 days till Christmas: Crash goes the Christmas tree...

Today was definitely a Christmas first at the Dworianyn Love Nest. I was getting ready to leave for work and Michael was sitting on the couch with his laptop and suddenly the Christmas tree just fell to the ground. It was so scary! It was not the way I wanted to start my Monday morning at 5:30 am.

Our tree is huge, it's almost 10 feet tall and super heavy since its a fresh tree. Water went all over the place, all the ornaments, lights and garland flew off. Only a few of the ornaments got broken and all of them can be fixed with some super glue. I don't know how more didn't break, but I am so thankful they didn't. All our ornaments are really special to us. I'm really glad I didn't have any of the wrapped presents under the tree either because they all would have gotten soaked with the tree water.

Michael said that he wants to get a fake tree and no more fresh trees and I can't say I disagree. We are going to go out and try to find one this week so we can have a Christmas tree for Christmas.

Our beautiful tree before...
Our tree after the great crash...

Porkchop surveying the damage

No comments:

Post a Comment