Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

10 days till Christmas: Christmas collections

Do you have any Christmas collections? Are there certain ornaments you look for or collect each year? Do you have specific themes with your decorations?

We have several different collections and themes with our Christmas decor.First there's ornaments. We have quite a few different Hallmark series that we get each year.

We have a a somewhat candy themed tree so my mom started this series:
When I first moved out my mom started this series, they all have pull strings that make the ornament move.

My parents have been collecting this series for over 20 years so for the past 3 years they have been giving my sister and I the series as well. It's one of my favorites.

We also have started collecting the annual Swarovski snowflake ornament. Michael gets it for me every year. This is our 4th year.


 We of course love Disney which is no surprise since we go almost every year so we have a bunch of disney ornaments from our past trips. Our stockings are also Disney and we have some other Disney themed decorations.
 

Our newest collection started with my parents' generous gift of some village houses of their Department56 North Pole series. We have added several houses this year due to Michael's newly found obsession.
 

Probably our biggest collection is of snowmen. Snowmen are my favorite at Christmas time. I even have a little 4 foot tree that is decorated entirely of snowmen ornaments. Here are some pictures of my snowmen all throughout the house.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment