Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas wrap-up: I'm such a lucky girl!

First, I hope all of you had a very merry Christmas. This year was a great one for our family. Second, I can't believe I've blogged 26 days in a row, it's crazy! I really wanted to capture the days leading up to Christmas and I'm so glad I did. It will be great to look back on all of our Christmas' each year. Third, this is a really long post, don't say I didn't warn you!

Here are some more pictures and details about our Christmas! We started out our morning at home having our little family Christmas just Michael, Porkchop and I. We got up very early; 5 am to be exact. We exchanged our gifts with each other starting with Porkchop. Porkchop loves opening his presents and is really good at it too. He received lots of new toys this year. He was supposed to get a new bed but its been back ordered since November. Apparently Santa is moving a little slower this year! Here's some pictures of Porkchop enjoying his Christmas loot.
 

Next it was my turn to open gifts from Michael. He went over the top as usual! I got this beauty from Coach it's totally different than anything I have so I was really excited!


I also got a super cute new Marc Jacobs watch.
He also got me my Gucci Envy Me perfume, a tourmaline blow dryer, babybliss hair straightener and some MAC eyeshadows.

It was Michael's turn next and he got a new wallet from Coach, a pair of Oakley sunglasses, some new jeans and shirts as well as a calendar that I make for him every year. Here's some pictures of Michael opening his gifts.
Michael modeling his new sunglasses!
 
After opening gifts at our house we went to Michael's parents house and had Christmas morning presents and breakfast. Here's Tif, Peanut, Mom Dworianyn, Porkchop and Rich ready to open up gifts.
Michael and Porkchop

Finally, we headed to my parents house to have our Christmas morning with my family and we stayed there all day. Here's some Christmas morning pictures of us opening presents at my mom and dad's. We were overwhelmed by everything we got. Michael was so excited to get his pro helicopter and I got an unbelievable new zoom lens for my DSLR camera that I've already put to good use. I also got new Uggs, a cookbook, a necklace, Your Shape for Wii, amazon and home depot gift cards and a bunch of other things!

Arla and Teddy opening up 1 of about 12 Crate and Barrel boxes
Michael and I with my new Uggs
Michael and his new toy, his helicopter
Mom opening her new Cricut machine
Dad and his new Disney train set

Later on we had an amazing dinner, here is the table all set and ready.
We had filet mignon and king crab legs with twice baked potatoes, asparagus, biscuits and salad. It was delicious. When my mom got the crab legs they gave her lobster bibs for all of us, it was really funny, and very practical for Michael!
 
 
After dinner we played some Yahtzee and had dessert. which was individual chocolate chip cookie skillets with ice cream, hot fudge, whip cream and pecans; they were really good!

Even Fozzie wanted to play Yahtzee!
Porkchop was exhausted since he had been up since 5 and this is what he did while we played Yahtzee!
We had such a wonderful Christmas and are so thankful for our families who make it special. We have had the best 2 days celebrating with them!


No comments:

Post a Comment