Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Our Big Reveal

As we announced last week, we found out that we are expecting a little boy in May. We are so excited. I originally thought I was having a boy when I first got pregnant but then for some reason I switched over to girl. Both Michael and I's final guess was "girl" before we went in for our ultrasound. We were proven wrong though about 2 seconds after she put the wand on my belly. It was pretty clear we had a little boy on the way! We were surprised, but so very excited!

Since announcing our pregnancy to our families wasn't really a surprise or anything since they all knew we were going through IVF, we wanted to do something fun to announce the gender. Our families weren't too happy that they were going to have to wait a whole 24 hours to find out on Thanksgiving, but we really wanted to announce it in person. So I told them I was making cake bites and they would either be pink or blue to show what we were having. So I made blue coated cake bites, as you can see below. I put his initial "E" on them as well. I'll announce his name on here when we get it finalized. We're still working out the middle name.


The first reveal was at my parents since we were going there first for dinner. We had them all go on the other side of the counter so they could see the platter and so I could capture their reaction on my camera. I'm so glad I did this, and that I'll have these pictures forever. Their reactions are classic!

Waiting Patiently

First glimpse of the blue cake balls

Lots of excitement!

A round of applause!

Very excited Aunt, Uncle, Papa and Grandma!

Needless to say they were all pretty surprised. Everyone but my Dad said it was going to be a girl. They were all really excited. It was so fun and so worth the wait!

After my parents, we went to Michael's parents to share our news. Michael's family was mostly predicting boy, except Michael's Mom. So they weren't as surprised when the blue cake bites made their appearance. 

Peeling back the cover

First glance at the blue cake bites

It's a boy!

It was so much fun to share the news with our families this way. I can't wait to show our little boy someday how excited everyone was to find out he was coming! So let the fun begin! We are already in full nursery planning mode! I will be sharing our plans for our little prince's nursery very soon! 

1 comment: