Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Weekend Recap

We had a great family-filled weekend. On Friday after work we headed over to Rich and Tif's to wait for Jacob to wake up from his nap and then get some dinner. Michael's parents had some extra tickets that they couldn't use for the local Lion's club spaghetti dinner so we went there for dinner. It was pretty good. After dinner we headed back to Rich and Tif's to hangout and play with the kids. We left around 10 and came home and crashed.

Saturday we were up and out early. We went to breakfast and ran a few errands. My parents came over so my Mom and I could head to the craft show at the Odeum and Michael and my Dad went Christmas tree hunting. The Christmas tree hunting was a bust but my Mom and I found a few cute things at the craft show.



I got some cute new ornaments and a snowman candle holder. I'm looking forward to a few other Christmas craft fairs coming up in a couple of weeks in my hometown. We grabbed some lunch on our way home and then hung out the rest of the afternoon before heading for some more shopping and to Bonefish for dinner.

We had delicious bang bang shrimp of course. Dad had shrimp tacos, Michael had tillapia and I had chicken marsala. What did Mom have? Well she ate wolffish. We didn't know what it was but the waiter said it was really good. Michael googled it and this is what we saw...


Yikes! Obviously that's not what it looked like when she got it, but that is one ugly/scary fish! She said it was delicious though! They call it the catfish of the ocean so it's a mild whitefish. After dinner my parents headed home and we just relaxed the rest of the night. 

Sunday we got up and made some breakfast and then headed down to Arla and Teddy's. We needed some Baby Lily time! She is such a sweetie and was so good. She laid in mine and Michael's arms for about 3 hours totally peaceful. She was just looking around and squirming. We watched some football, got some lunch and just hung out. Lily was very comfortable laying with her Uncle Michel. He's very comfy!




We left after the first batch of football games were over and headed home. I fell asleep and took a little nap. When I woke up it was time to make Sunday dinner. Michael and I have been craving homemade stuffing so  bad and Thanksgiving just seems too far away to wait. I made a garlic and herb pork tenderloin with homemade stuffing and some biscuits. It was so good. 


The rest of the night we just relaxed and watched some tv. We have a busy week coming up but at least there's only 2 more weeks until Thanksgiving. I only have to work 2 days that week so I've got that to look forward to. I hope all of you had a great weekend and have a speedy week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment