Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekend Recap

Why does it seem that long weekends go faster than just a regular weekend? Even with being off on Friday, this weekend has flown by. On Friday, both Michael and I were off of work. I got up and worked out and then headed out to do some shopping. I had a 30% off coupon for Kohl's and I wanted to put it to good use, which I certainly did! I found some cute new fall items for myself and picked up a few outfits for Baby Jacob because I just couldn't resist! After doing some shopping I headed over to Rich and Tif's where Michael's parents and Rich, Tif and Ken were setting up for their annual pig roast luau. We helped them marinate the pig, set up the roaster and do some cleaning. We headed home in the afternoon, made some pizza for dinner and just relaxed the rest of the night.

On Saturday, Michael got up really early and headed over to Rich and Tif's to get the pig started. It was going to take 10 hours to cook, so the sooner the better. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate and they were setting everything up in the middle of a storm but the pig was roasting and that was all that counted! Michael came home to shower and get ready and we both headed back to Rich and Tif's to help in any final preparations.

Michael adding some charcoal to the roaster

Mmmm...Snowball looks delicious (yes, we named the pig!)

Ken flipping the corn

Party guests checking out their future meal

After 10 long hours on the spit, the pig was done

Rich and his Dad started taking the pig off the skewer to get ready to pull meat

Mmmm...it looks delicious!

These chuckleheads got a front row seat to watch the pork pulling

I don't have any pictures of the meat being pulled because I got in on the act. It was hard work! It was definitely worth it though because it was one tasty pig!

I think Ken agrees!

The pig roast was a lot of fun. The rain held off so that was definitely a plus! We didn't stay too late since Michael was so exhausted from being up so early. We came home and crashed.

While we were at the pig roast a new family member was born! My cousin Chris and his wife Sara welcomed Ava Morgan at 1:24pm on Saturday. She was 7lbs and 20 1/2 inches long. She is such a cutie, we can't wait to meet her!

Brand new and so cute, she looks perfect!

The proud new parents, Chris and Sara!

Ava sleeping peacefully

Today we got up and headed to breakfast and then did our weekly grocery shopping. After grocery shopping we came home and just relaxed for a little while before heading out again. We went to one of my favorite places.....

Tiffany & Co.!

I wanted to pick up a little something to commemorate my promotion and new job. Every time I've been promoted at work I have a tradition of rewarding myself with something special that will serve as a memory for that achievement. The last time I got promoted I headed to Tiffany and got this....
I ended up at Tiffany again this time and ended up with a new ring. I love it! It's so different and since I wear a lot of black, it will certainly get a lot of use with the black jade stone.

Close up of the ring detail.

Ring on my hand

After our Tiffany shopping, we worked up an appetite and headed across the way to another one of our favorite places!

Wildfire

We had a yummy lunch and took a dessert to go for tonight after dinner and headed home. Michael settled in on the couch and I headed to get my manicure and pedicure for the week. I got to watch the Bears play a great game while getting my nails done. We've spent the rest of the afternoon just relaxing and it's been wonderful. Michael made us a delicious Sunday dinner of filet, baked potato and veggies. 


I am excited to start my newly promoted position tomorrow at work. I feel like it's the first day of school! Until then, we are going to just relish what's left of the weekend and watch the Manning vs. Manning showdown tonight! I hope all of you had a great weekend and have a speedy week ahead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment