Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

31 Days of Halloween: Day 26 - Hand Print Spider Canvas


I've seen this idea all over Pinterest this year so I knew I wanted to give it a try. I love hand print crafts and now that Ethan is a little older he is more cooperative to actually get his print. This canvas is really easy to make it just takes some time because you need allow for drying time between steps.

You need a small canvas, I used 8 x 8, paint, paint brushes and googly eyes.


I let Ethan paint the base color on the canvas. He painted it orange. He had a lot of fun painting as usual.








Once Ethan was done, I painted the sides orange and set the canvas aside to let it dry.


When the canvas was dry I painted a spider web on the canvas in white.


Once the web was dry it was time for Ethan to add his hand print. I painted his palm and all of his fingers except his thumb black. Then I pressed his hand against the canvas, re-painted his hand and pushed it down in the opposite direction to make the spider body.


Then I glued some googly eyes and painted Ethan's name on the canvas.


I think it came out really cute and look forward to displaying it on many Halloween's to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment