Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

25 Days of Christmas: Day 23 - First Christmas Celebration


We did things a little different this year to celebrate Christmas with my family. Usually we celebrate on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day but because we are celebrating with my Mom's extended family on Christmas Eve we decided not to cram everything into one day and celebrate the weekend before so we could enjoy it more. My parents had us all over and we came over around the middle of the day. We had a few appetizers for lunch and then we got started opening all of the presents! We had the kids go first since they had the most and they would have to nap at some point. Warning it took us over 3 hours to open presents so there are about 100 pictures in this post, I had to include all of them for my own memory keeping!

Miss Lily went first - look at all of those presents, everything on the couch is hers too, LOL!

Ethan was anxiously waiting his turn and was trying to grisp Lily's presents!


Lily received so many nice things, she got lots of clothes, pajamas, books, puzzles, and toys!













Yay Lily she opened up all of her gifts. She's such a lucky girl!

Ethan was up next, he loves opening presents but mostly because he loves to eat the wrapping paper!

Ethan received a bunch of clothes, pajamas, books, puzzles, and toys. He is such a lucky boy. I can't wait to go through everything when Christmas is over and play with all his new fun toys!














My Mom went next



Her Grandma Brag desk calendar

Grandbaby Lladro - this year a boy for Ethan!


Our family calendar that she gets yearly


This present was the highlight of the day. My Dad has been plotting this Christmas gift for a year and Mom knew nothing about it!

What's in this little box?

I think she was surprised!

And then she cried

And then Dad got some love!

What was inside the little box? A family ring my Dad designed with our family birthstones on it. I think she liked it!

Dad opened presents next


We got him an underwater camera for their trip to Alaska, next trip to Hawaii and our Disney trip in 2014.


Lily gave her Papa a special t-shirt with her pictures on it and "#1 Manny" and "I love my Papa" on it. He loved it!



 Mom got him all of the audio books for Harry Potter which he has wanted to read forever.




Arla opened up next she got lots of cute new clothes, jewelry, slippers, curling iron and a new handbag.






Teddy went after Arla and he got a wall organizing system for their garage.






Michael and I went next

Lettuce Entertain You gift card for a date night!



Boys love their toys! I see both of my boys having fun with this!


I went last. I got an Old Navy gift card, a book, new snow boots, several pairs of earrings and my big gift was the Silhouette craft cutter! I can't wait to get crafting!



Can't wait for all the fun craft projects I can make with my new Silhouette!

After we were done with our big presents we took a family picture.


Then we changed the kids into some comfier clothes and opened our stockings!





Then it was time for dinner! My Mom made a delicious meal as always. We had stuffed pork tenderloin, double baked potatoes, salad, asparagus, broccoli and biscuits.


 Do I have something on my face?

Do I have stuffing in my nose?

After dinner we just relaxed, the kids played with a couple of their new toys and we had some cookies and my snowman cake balls for dessert!




It was such a wonderful day and so much fun to celebrate Ethan's first Christmas! That was celebration 1 of 4, we have a lot more Christmassing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment