Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

25 Days of Christmas: Day 4 - Christmas Countdowns


I always loved Christmas countdown calendars as a kid and so I wanted to continue the tradition and start something new for Ethan. I found this cute countdown garland on Etsy and I strung it along our fireplace. I added a little Santa to move across the days instead of taking a number down each day. I figured it would start looking pretty sad around Day 12!




A new tradition I wanted to start this year was from an idea I pinned on Pinterest last year when I was pregnant. It was to do a 25 books of Christmas countdown. You wrap up 25 Christmas books or any kind of book and you open one each night to read. I thought this was so much fun and Ethan just loves being read to. I thought every year I can wrap up most of the same Christmas books and a few new ones throughout the years. We started this past weekend and Ethan seemed really excited. He is going to be a present opening pro come Christmas with all this practice!

25 Christmas books waiting to be opened

 Can I open it now?

 Hmm...what's in here?

I like opening presents!

 Yay, a book!

 Mmmm...tasty wrapping paper!

First book in the countdown, Santa's Workshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment